Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2016, 08:32 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
You say you have 3 wethers. Did you get them for brush control? That's how we got started. . . . .

Mostly we cut brush and bring it to the goats: gray dogwood, wild honeysuckle, autumn olive, red cedar, black willow.... We have a number of areas it would be good to use them for brush control, but I really need a good, portable electric fence system to keep them confined where I want them and keep them away from where they shouldn't be. I also need to watch out for a few wild plants poisonous to goats: dogbane, milkweed, and white snakeroot are rather common here. I have created small portable areas for them using 16-foot livestock panels.

I posted a pic of one of our goats, and one of our donkey, in the Sears Lens Club thread recently, easy to find in the Lens Club section of the forum Index.