Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2007, 08:00 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello, an ex-Canon turned Pentax user here!

Hello everyone, just joined the Pentax crew about a month ago and having a great time with the Pentax system! As a huge fan of prime lenses, Canon consistently disappointed me with horrible prices and crappy ranges...

So finally I made the switch to Pentax after selling 10 years worth of Canon gears, and made the switch to Pentax K10D with a nice array of lenses. The weight, the size, and the quality is something I really appreciate coming from a Canon background!

02-10-2007, 09:12 AM   #2
Site Supporter

welcome!

QuoteOriginally posted by Vulpix Quote
Hello everyone, just joined the Pentax crew about a month ago and having a great time with the Pentax system! As a huge fan of prime lenses, Canon consistently disappointed me with horrible prices and crappy ranges...

So finally I made the switch to Pentax after selling 10 years worth of Canon gears, and made the switch to Pentax K10D with a nice array of lenses. The weight, the size, and the quality is something I really appreciate coming from a Canon background!
Glad to see a new and excited Pentax person! It's a friendly forum and people are pretty helpful here.

Yes, Pentax has an amazing array of shorter focal length primes, which has been their philosophy for years now. However, I have a few heavier lenses from their film days, but the optics are outstanding, so I must/will keep them, no question!

Hopefully the longer primes will be addressed in the future...

Cheers,
Marc
02-10-2007, 09:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and great to have you aboard!

cheers

randy
02-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #4
roy
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
welcome
another one sees the light.
the pentax line feels somewhat better than the plastic canons.

roy

02-11-2007, 01:05 PM   #5

I never thought I'd stray from Canon, either. Canon product has, in general, treated me extremely well. I really enjoyed my time with Canon.

A month ago, I wouldn't have dreamed I'd be posting here now as a happy K100D user.

I really think these cameras would be far less useful without the support of the excellent online community. Certainly, I wouldn't be nearly as happy with the camera if it weren't for the help and fantastic information provided by some amazing online people.

Oh... and I'm new here too.