Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-17-2016, 02:34 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
New member, Hi :)

There's not much to say about myself, working as a designer/developer in my own company and photography is being my "part time" hobby for a long time, as I spent more time fiddling with DIY audio. Now I consider myself being "retired" from audio (guess I got there where I was heading) and decided to focus more on making photos for personal pleasure. I'm not particularly picky if it's a portrait, arhitecture or a good macro shot as long as I'm pleased with the result. Started as a kid with a Soviet Smena 8M and actually never had a really decent camera until Canon 1100D appeared. Recently I went for K-S1 and for now I'm pleased with the initial results as I got it for a reasonable 300€ (with a 18-55 DAL kit lens) Not so much pleased with the ergonomy and some buttons as they seem to be always in the way (guess I'm used to the arrangement of controls on Canons) but nothing I can't get used to
For start I added a used but mint condition Sigma 28-300 and two old smc-Pentax-A (and M) 50mm F1:1.7 lenses to the pile and hope to get a Pentax DA50 F1:1.8 lens soon. Have a few aditional bits, a wide/macro x0.45 lens, some adapters and filters as well. As there are just a few Pentax users in Serbia**, I don't expect to get any help locally, so, here I am

(**compared to the number of Canon and Nikon users)

01-17-2016, 03:12 AM   #2
Closed Account

Hi stein. Welcome to the forum. There are many here with the same equipment as you, and they will be very happy to help you with any question you have.
Hope to see some of your photographs soon.
01-17-2016, 03:25 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks

So far, spent quite a lot time browsing, reading and learning on the forum (not so convinced about this last one, though) and decided to join the community which appears to be fantastic
Hopefully will add a few shots which are worth sharing.
01-17-2016, 03:54 AM   #4
Closed Account

We are all learning !! The community here is very good. Post some photographs of Serbia so we can see your beautiful country.

01-17-2016, 04:22 AM   #5

Original Poster
What is the best practice here? A new topic and attach images or to create a personal photo album on the forum? Not really sure as I see that this is not really a section where images are posted. Wouldn't like to make a mess the first day
01-17-2016, 04:59 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. You at at the right place.
01-17-2016, 06:06 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, there's certainly plenty of good information here to help you on your way with all things Pentax.

01-17-2016, 06:54 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from Alabama
01-17-2016, 02:02 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome, stein. Your home city looks to be very interesting, historically and visually - very different from those in my young country.

To answer your question, I'd suggest going to the Forum Home Page and work from there. There is no best way to start participating: either join in the discussion on a topic of interest, or start your own album, or simply post some photos in the appropriate thread. As you'll see, there's a simple Post Your Photos thread, or there are threads that show examples for particular lenses or groups of lenses, and there's plenty of opportunity elsewhere to pontificate on matters photographic, Pentax in particular, or even General Talk, although politics and religion were banned some time ago, for the sake of family harmony!

Enjoy your time here.
01-18-2016, 01:15 PM - 1 Like   #10

Original Poster
Ok. Thanks for all help and welcome
Here's one shot I just had to make on my way to work, it was way too good to miss

02-05-2016, 12:16 AM   #11

Serbia +1