Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2016, 01:24 PM   #1

Help with Kimunor Auto MC 2.8 28mm lens

Hello,

I'd like help finding out about this lens which only cost me £8 (British Pounds). Am new to 'big boys' photography so I need to know what type of camera mount this lens is for. Though the front of the lens says Kimunor, the case that came with it says Panagor.

Many thanks

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NEX-6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NEX-6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NEX-6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NEX-6  Photo 
01-17-2016, 04:56 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Kimunor is just a reseller name, one of the less common ones. Nothing to do with panagor which was another reseller name, though that often linked with Kino Optical (Kiron). The lens will have been made by s/o else, may be identifiable as eg a cosina/ tokina / whatever by close comparison with named lenses.
M42 mount without an A-M switch, use a rimless adapter to mount on your pentax, but you may need to do a wee "mod"! to get the iris to close with the aperture ring - see here.

http://www.instructables.com/id/M42-Lens-Aperture-Control-on-Modern-DSLRs/

and then se here to use:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/54-pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-me...-x-k-7-a.html?

Most 28's are quite decent so I would say you should be reasonably happy.

Last edited by marcusBMG; 01-17-2016 at 05:06 PM.
01-17-2016, 05:22 PM   #3

Original Poster
About the 'Kimunor' lens

MarcusBMG - Thank you kindly for the info on this lens and the tips (+ links). I don't have a Pentax at present but will try to get an adapter for whatever camera I get next.

Cheers
01-18-2016, 07:58 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You're welcome. Just about every camera has an M42 adapter available cheaply - browse ebay, amazon etc.
Only problematical one is Nikon - won't focus to infinity (in fact unless you get an adapter with an optical correction the 28mm lens will be pretty unusable on Nikon, and optical correction is undesirable because of IQ degradation).

01-18-2016, 02:44 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I'm glad marcusBMG had the answers, as I didn't have a scoobie.
01-18-2016, 05:52 PM   #6

Original Poster
Big up

Thanks again. I recently got a Fujifilm X-E1 so will give this lens ago with the adapter.

---------- Post added 01-18-16 at 05:53 PM ----------

Thank you Kerrowdown!
01-26-2016, 07:50 AM   #7

Original Poster
Hi again, I finally got the M42 adapter for the lens as in pics above and it fits perfectly. Not a bad lens either. I recently also acquired a SMC Takumar f1.4 50mm which was originally attached to an Asahi Pentax ES film camera. I assumed it would also fit to an M42 adapter and it screws fine up to midway when it then starts to screech and have to force it all the way fully screwed which then makes it almost impossible to change the aperture. As shown in pics the thread of the Takumar (left) has a different front design to the Kimunor lens.

Could someone she some light into this.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-E1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-E1  Photo