Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2016, 03:46 PM   #1

Hello from Switzerland

Hello, my name is Urs. I'm from Zurich/Switzerland and I'm rather new to the Pentax universe. My two Pentax cameras are a 67II and a brand new 645z. I have been a "Rolleigraph" for almost 35 years, in the last ten years with a 1st generation Sinar back that has now become as long in the teeth as his owner.. (still wonderful colours, but a lot of noise in the shadows and some banding - the back, not the owner). Rollei is a dead system now and a very sad example of what has become of a once glorious brand. Even using this still wonderfully working equipment to make slides is getting difficult. The last serious analog lab in my town closed its doors some weeks ago. So it's really great that thank Ricoh Pentax there is still a MF-system on the market which not only has excellent quality but is - money-wise - in the reach of people like me who do not live on their photography. As an amateur I haven't any artistic ambitions. I am more the craftsman type who is happy when he is able to make a decent job. My subjects are mainly landscape, architecture and objects of art, or any combination of the three. I am looking forward to learning everything about Pentax from all of you, in order to become a valid member of the Pentax community.

01-19-2016, 04:21 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, please remember to post an image or two from your 645z so we can appreciate what this camera has to offer.
01-19-2016, 04:40 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
01-19-2016, 10:02 PM   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Urs. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing some photographs of your beautiful country with the 645Z.

01-20-2016, 04:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Hi Urs, Welcome from Alabama!
01-20-2016, 06:51 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome from Chicago! You're in good company here.
01-21-2016, 03:15 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you all for your friendly welcome greetings. It feels good to be a Pentaxian again. To be honest, I had a Spotmatic when I was a student. It was a step up then from the Praktica. Both of them fine cameras, apart from their dark viewfinders. The Pentax an elegant beauty compared to the country girl from eastern Germany. Old memories... Thanks again!

01-25-2016, 09:46 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome to the Forum. You are the right place. Do post your photos when you get the chance. Lucky you and enjoy your 645z.