Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2008, 10:20 AM   #1

Hi from the Netherlands!

Hello,
I'm Pieter and I live in Leiden, The Netherlands. I've owned a K10D for 4 months now and I'm really enjoying my first DSLR. Before I bought my camera I had been using a p&s film camera I got at my 8th birthday and the last two years I sometimes used my father's camera, but half a year ago I decided to buy a camera myself. With my K10D I bought some of the older Pentax primes and yeah, they're pretty good I still have to learn a lot about photography, but I guess that's why I'm here. I've been visiting this site for some months now, I don't really know why I didn't register earlier, but it's never too late
Besides photography I like playing the cello, which I've done for eleven years now, and I like hiking and I'm member of a society for study of nature. However, you won't see any wildlife photos from me since I don't have enough money for a decent long lens. Perhaps later. I mainly shoot landscapes, some pictures of my holidays and everything that crosses my way. Speaking of which, last weekend I took some pictures of a turtle that was lying in the sun on the pathway, with my 28mm For now I'm considering a 55-300mm to expand my range, I think this one will fill my current needs pretty good.
Only thing left to say is that I'm still learning English, and that it's nice to be here

07-02-2008, 11:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Hoi Pieter and Welcome. I've probably been thru Leiden on the way to Den Haag from Amersfoort.

I'm not only still learning my Dutch but never started so you're one step ahead of me knowing English. Of course, I didn't find it a problem at all, everyone spoke or at least understood English.

Enjoy the forum.