Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Paris

Hi,

I'm a new pentaxist, and my K10D is my first SLR that I bought a few months ago (with the 18-55 and 50-200 kit lenses)

I decided to go SLR when I got sick of my otherwise excellent Panasonic Lumix LX2 in low light / tricky shooting (wide angle, long range and so on)

I chose the K10D mainly because I don't intend to be professional (and therefore don't really envy the 1000 / 2000 $ and more lenses in Nikon and Canon world) and that I read in the lot of websites I checked that Pentax was a bit of a bargain for the serious hobbyist as compared to the competion.

One of my motivation to buy Pentax was also the weather sealing as my first passion is sailing, and see water is not the best friend of electronics ;-)

As I felt a bit limited by the kit lens (in particular in terms of sharpness), I started to dig out on the web for more serious gear.

And therefore I am here...
Guillaume

07-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Salut Guillaume and welcome.