Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2016, 07:40 PM - 3 Likes   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from the newbie!!

Hey everyone!
I'm only a few months into the world of photography but needless to say I LOVE it! I am so interested in learning everything I can and really excel at it. I currently don't shoot Pentax, but I am keeping my options open and I am focusing on learning with what I have. Which happens to be a Samsung nx500. Yes I know I didn't do my research very well but it is a decent starting point. I thankfully have had a tremendous amount of help from HEIE. I met him in another photography group and he has helped and taught me things I never even knew I needed to learn. I'm shocked my brain hasn't exploded from all of the information he has given me! haha! I'm very excited and willing to learn as much as I can. Thanks for having me! Please take a look at some of my images of my daughter. I don't currently sell my services or anything because I need to learn much more before I am comfortable doing so. I need to master my little camera and my post processing first. (don't mind the file names haha I forgot to fix them)

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
NX500  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
NX500  Photo 
02-14-2016, 09:26 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forum!!!!

There are lots of folks here that shoot other than Pentax, so I would not worry about it. You have a very capable camera, that should serve you and you way tooooo cute daughter very well. You also have a very capable and knowledgeable mentor in Heie. Just keep posting those wonderful images!!!

02-14-2016, 09:55 PM - 1 Like   #3
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Sara Marie. Welcome aboard the forum. Very good 1st photographs from you.
02-14-2016, 10:07 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice photos! Welcome to the forums - all brands welcome In addition to Pentax, I also shoot Canon & Fuji compacts. Looking forward to more of your images.

02-14-2016, 10:39 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Very nice photos! Welcome to the forums - all brands welcome In addition to Pentax, I also shoot Canon & Fuji compacts. Looking forward to more of your images.
Welcome Sarah Marie. (Lovely name). Thanks for the great photos of your little girl. We are certain you will have only wonderful experiences here on PF.

Tony
02-15-2016, 12:17 AM - 1 Like   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, keep enjoying your photography as that's what it is all really about.
02-15-2016, 04:21 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Hi Sara Marie, welcome from Alabama
02-15-2016, 06:16 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Woohoo - you made it to the party!

Sara has been a tremendous learner, absorbing at least 10% of what I've thrown at her

But seriously, when we first started talking and by the way she was explaining her photographic acumen, I wasn't expecting too much, to be honest. Ya know, typical momtographer But she sent me this first set of images and I was floored. Just like some of the technical stuff, gotta work on that confidence too because they're great! Especially that I first one: it's stunning! If you haven't printed it yet, that should be priority number one on a nice big canvas!

And thanks @interested_observer for the kind words

-Heie

02-15-2016, 10:18 AM - 2 Likes   #9

Original Poster
Thank you so much everyone for the warm welcome and the complements! I'm very excited to see what the future holds for me
02-15-2016, 07:26 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place to learn and enjoy photography. Nice photos too - keep posting.
02-15-2016, 07:40 PM - 1 Like   #11
Des
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Sara Marie. Great shots. You've got real talent. Keep at it.

I owe a debt to @Heie too. His article on shooting with low shutter speeds is a classic. Even after 30 years of SLR photography, I learned a lot - and keep learning.
02-16-2016, 05:03 AM   #12
Site Supporter

Welcome, and cute model!

I have a Samsung NX1000 which I bought a Pentax K to Samsung NX adapter for. Putting old Pentax manual lenses on it works well. So no reason not to buy some Pentax glass!

Eg Pentax M 50mm F1.7
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NX1000  Photo 
02-25-2016, 07:53 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Wow...way to make an entrance!