Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2016, 02:58 AM   #1

Greetings from the Phils.

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new Pentaxian from the Philippines. I got my first DSLR, a Pentax K-S2, last month and loving it every time I use it. I frankly hadn't known about Pentax DSLRs beforehand (you guys can attribute that to my age but mostly the inexistent market visibility). But as a specs-junkie, after putting in months of research, I concluded that Pentax does make awesome bang-for-the-buck cameras and that the K-S2 was the best one within my budget. It's unfortunate really that there's no market visibility for Pentax cameras here even though the camera bodies are manufactured here. Oh well, it's a good feeling being an owner of an awesome camera in a crowd of CaNikons.

I'm just a hobbyist but I have loved photography for a long time and just graduated from point-and-shoots with the K-S2. My most advanced camera previously was a Sony RX100 so I'm familiar with the basics. But I'm really still just a novice photographer so I am hoping to improve with the help of everyone here. I've actually been following PF for a few months now and learned a lot but just kept procrastinating when I would sign up. Now, I'm in your care guys.

My preferred subject is "landscapes/nature" and below is a favorite of mine taken a few weeks ago. I know it isn't perfect so it would be awesome if you guys could share your critique on it. (It's been PP'ed from a JPEG - wasn't able to use a tripod and forgot to set it to capture RAW as I was in a hurry and didn't think it would become my favorite)

P.S. I hope it's okay that I chose to drop this photo for critique here instead of the Photo Critique forum. I just thought it'd be a better conversation starter than just an introduction.

02-16-2016, 03:08 AM   #2
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi trigger.happy. Welcome aboard the forum. A good 1st photograph from you. Hope to see more soon.
02-16-2016, 03:33 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy.
02-16-2016, 03:42 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from Alabama

02-16-2016, 06:20 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from Chicago!