Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2016, 11:11 PM   #1

Hello from Kansas

Hello everyone,

I am a young guy in Kansas, recently graduated from K-State. I have loved taking pictures for as long as I can remember, and have attempted to learn as much as I can from my dad - using my own compact cameras and occasionally his SLRs and DSLRs. I finally have my own DSLR which is providing me the opportunity to have even more fun and learn even more. I am looking forward to making use of this website - it seems to have quite a wealth of information, and I've only scratched the surface so far.

The attached picture is one I took a few minutes ago. I've been sitting in my room all evening reading online and taking test pictures of the random things in my room - this one is with my K-50 and an old Vivitar 135mm f2.8 lens. It is of the corner of a TV antenna sitting in my room, that I have yet to mount outside.

Happy shooting!

- Adam

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
02-23-2016, 11:39 PM   #2
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by abcasada Quote
I am looking forward to making use of this website - it seems to have quite a wealth of information, and I've only scratched the surface so far.

Hi Adam. Welcome aboard the forum. You are correct in your judgement of the forum. Many here will be happy to help with any questions you may have.
02-24-2016, 12:57 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter

Welcome from Kansas City. It's tough being a Pentax shooter here in Kansas without any local retailers that carry much of anything. It's actually a challenge just to find a camera shop in general.
02-24-2016, 04:06 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from Alabama

02-24-2016, 04:15 AM   #5
amateur dirt farmer...

QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
Welcome from Kansas City. It's tough being a Pentax shooter here in Kansas without any local retailers that carry much of anything. It's actually a challenge just to find a camera shop in general.

agreed - last time I was in Overland Photo Supply, they acted like I was invisible when they realized I wasn't interested in Canikon/Sony....
02-24-2016, 04:43 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Aboard!! The closest Pentax dealer to you that I know of is Bob's Photo in Bismarck, ND. Don't laugh. I live in western NY and I have been there 5 times in the last year and a half. Should be an easy drive from Salina.
02-24-2016, 08:13 AM   #7
smf
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome and best wishes from a former Nebraskan/former Iowan now in Michigan.
02-24-2016, 10:28 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Welcome from a neighbor to your North (Nebraska).

If you ever travel through Kearney we actually have an authorized Pentax dealer here

02-24-2016, 12:39 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome from Chicago!
The Interwebz is your best retailer for Pentax since not many B&M shops carry. Don't forget the Marketplace here, too!
02-24-2016, 09:41 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PlumCrazy Quote
Welcome from a neighbor to your North (Nebraska).

If you ever travel through Kearney we actually have an authorized Pentax dealer here

That's good to know - I do wind up in Nebraska more than occasionally. What's the name of the dealer?

---------- Post added Feb 24th, 2016 at 11:44 PM ----------

Thanks for the warm welcome, all. Much appreciated.

I notice most of you have one or more banners at the bottom of your posts indicating your cameras - how do you do that?

---------- Post added Feb 24th, 2016 at 11:45 PM ----------

Thanks for the warm welcome, all! Much appreciated.

I notice that many of you have one or more banners below your posts indicating the camera(s) you own - how do you do that?
02-25-2016, 06:19 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/67605-pentax-pro...many-more.html

The tags are there, and you add them to your signature, access that in your profile.
02-25-2016, 07:12 AM   #12
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm in Wichita and would be very curious about the shop in Kearney.

Nice to see others in the region chime in.
02-25-2016, 12:23 PM   #13
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by abcasada Quote
That's good to know - I do wind up in Nebraska more than occasionally. What's the name of the dealer?

---------- Post added Feb 24th, 2016 at 11:44 PM ----------

Thanks for the warm welcome, all. Much appreciated.

I notice most of you have one or more banners at the bottom of your posts indicating your cameras - how do you do that?

---------- Post added Feb 24th, 2016 at 11:45 PM ----------

Thanks for the warm welcome, all! Much appreciated.

I notice that many of you have one or more banners below your posts indicating the camera(s) you own - how do you do that?

It's called Nebraska Camera at 5810 2nd Ave West....which is just north of Kearney in a new building on the west side of the highway. The owner also advertises as a Camera Repair Technician under the name "The Camera Doctor". I don't have any personal experience to share but I've been in the store and saw Pentax posters/banners and a display of latest Pentax equipment.
02-25-2016, 08:33 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy you K-50 and do post some more photos when you get the chance.
02-28-2016, 01:59 AM   #15
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome, enjoy your photography the Pentax way.