Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2016, 09:41 PM   #1

Hello, my name is Brett and I just bought my wife a Pentax K-50. She is having troubles with it, and it's naturally my fault so now I'm trying to figure out what's going on! I will post in the beginner section! For the record, I am just learning how to use a DSLR.

02-26-2016, 10:02 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi Brett. Welcome to the forum. Many members here have a K-50 and will be very willing to help you with any questions you may have. Good luck.
02-27-2016, 01:31 AM   #3
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lucky it wasn't a car

Welcome to the forum Brett, I'm sure the answers you seek can be found here. Well, for the camera issues anyway. As for the wife being cranky with you?

Good luck with that one.

Tas
02-27-2016, 12:51 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard. There used to be a show out of Canada called the Red Green Show. 15 years of TV awesomeness. They always ended the show with the man's prayer. It will help you get through trying times. Here is the prayer:

I'm a man.
I can change.
If I have too.
I guess.

02-28-2016, 03:58 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by brttc Quote
and it's naturally my fault
Welcome here, rest assured that's not an exclusive club, most us have been there at some stage with our respective partners.
02-29-2016, 07:15 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I'm a man.
I can change.
If I have too.
I guess.
Remember, we're all in this together. I'm pullin' for ya.

You'll need to do a little work to learn a DSLR. The results are worth the time. Browsing the beginner's section here will give you plenty of good tips. You'll need to understand how the camera works, at least at the basic level, to get the best results. It's really not hard but you will need to internalize some functions.