Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-29-2016, 04:01 PM   #1

Hello from Staffordshire, England

Hi, All

I have joined the forum in hopes of picking up some 'tricks of the trade', friendly advice and for the camaraderie. I recently bought myself a Pentax K3 and, as a complete novice but with a mind for how things work, I am determined to learn about the craft, put myself in more situations with photo opportunities and take some great pictures.

As a starter for 10 I attended a family christening at the weekend and got some really nice photos. Any advice on using Lightroom to enhance my pictures? My fiancee has a creative cloud licence for her work and I know if I don't start using software I may struggle to pick it up further down the line.

In return if there's anything I can help out with/contribute to I will endeavour to give it a go.

Thanks, guys.

02-29-2016, 05:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the Forum and more importantly, Welcome to the Pentax Family. I'm sure you'll get all the help you need form our friendly members.
02-29-2016, 10:15 PM   #3
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jamiesarai Quote
In return if there's anything I can help out with/contribute to I will endeavour to give it a go.

Hi jamiesarai. Welcome to the forum. You have a great attitude and will make a very good forum member. Post some photographs soon.
02-29-2016, 11:46 PM   #4

Hello and welcome from nearby Derbyshire!

Enjoy your K3, its a great camera.

As for Lightroom, I found the video tutorials that are available through the Help to be useful when I first started out, then the Martin Evening book as I got in deeper.

Good luck and enjoy!

03-01-2016, 07:21 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by jamiesarai Quote
picking up some 'tricks of the trade'
Welcome to the forum, if you find some let us know, we could all do with a load of these.
03-01-2016, 07:28 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new K3 - it's a fantastic camera that will serve you well for years to come

I recommend getting hold of a new or used copy of The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC / Lightroom 6 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers. Honestly, it will be the fastest way for you to gain a strong understanding of both the Library and Develop, and the concepts involved. I used Lightroom for a little while before this book was recommended to me by another forum member here. After working through it, my understanding and ability in using Lightroom sky-rocketed. You will pick up hints and tips throughout the forum, but you'll learn much more quickly - and with a better understanding - from the book.