Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2016, 07:37 AM   #1

Hello from New Jersey

I have been reading the forum since I purchased my K5. I love the quality,features and prices of Pentax equipment. I live about 40 minutes from B&H so I can see anything I want new and used anytime. This is not good! Well I got all excited about the K1 so I just ordered the camera and many lens. Look forward to posting.

03-05-2016, 08:03 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.
03-05-2016, 08:24 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
03-05-2016, 09:08 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome!

What part of NJ are you from? I lived in Ringwood and Hightstown, and have relatives in Jersey City, Whiting and Tom's River. That state has no end of subjects to shoot, all within a few hours drive, from High point to Cape May.
I look forward to seeing your pictures! Please consider joining one of the groups in my signature below, lots of great advice, friendly critiques, and beautiful pictures to be had.

03-05-2016, 01:50 PM   #5
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Hi JENSEN7474. Welcome to the forum. Hope to see some of your photographs soon.
03-05-2016, 02:29 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JENSEN7474 Quote
I can see anything I want new and used anytime
Welcome to the forum, your in a most enviable position, I have to go almost to another country to see anything...
03-06-2016, 12:50 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Welcome!

What part of NJ are you from? I lived in Ringwood and Hightstown, and have relatives in Jersey City, Whiting and Tom's River. That state has no end of subjects to shoot, all within a few hours drive, from High point to Cape May.
I look forward to seeing your pictures! Please consider joining one of the groups in my signature below, lots of great advice, friendly critiques, and beautiful pictures to be had.
HI Robgski,
I live in Kinnelon, just south of Ringwood. I also went to Hightstown High school and grew up in Monroe TWP. I will try some of the groups that you suggest.
I wonder if we know any of the same people. I am friends with Bob Paten ( ex Mayor of Highstown.)

robgski

03-06-2016, 01:30 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is a small world, I moved out of Hightstown before HS graduation in 1981, I don't know that anyone I knew then still lives there. I go back to Ringwood twice a year if I can, and I often take the long way to NJ from Virginia by taking the Cape May Ferry so I can get my ocean fix.

The Daily and Single In groups are worth joining, this is my third year and I have gained a lot of experience because of it.
Cape May
[IMG][/IMG]
High Point
[IMG][/IMG]
Skylands Manor Grounds
[IMG][/IMG]
03-06-2016, 01:40 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is a small world, I moved out of Hightstown before HS graduation in 1981, I don't know that anyone I knew then still lives there. I go back to Ringwood twice a year if I can, and I often take the long way to NJ from Virginia by taking the Cape May Ferry so I can get my ocean fix.

The Daily and Single In groups are worth joining, this is my third year and I have gained a lot of experience because of it.
Cape May
[IMG][/IMG]
High Point
[IMG][/IMG]
Skylands Manor Grounds
[IMG][/IMG]
03-06-2016, 02:12 PM   #10

Original Poster
Hello from New Jersey

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
It is a small world, I moved out of Hightstown before HS graduation in 1981, I don't know that anyone I knew then still lives there. I go back to Ringwood twice a year if I can, and I often take the long way to NJ from Virginia by taking the Cape May Ferry so I can get my ocean fix./
I moved out of Hightstown in 1979 (HS Grad 75). When you swing through NJ we should meet for a chat and drink. I love the Shenandoah Vally and Luray Caverens. Stopped in there about 4 years ago on the way down to Knoxville.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
03-07-2016, 06:30 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I live about 45 minutes east of Luray, all the caverns in the Valley are worth visiting, as is Natural Bridge. I will let you know when I get up your way.
Keep posting pictures!
03-08-2016, 10:26 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum.