Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2016, 04:24 PM   #1

Pentax K-30 Broken Battery Clip

I am new to posting in this forum although I have referenced a wealth of information. I am wondering if other Pentax K-30 owners have had problems with the plastic battery clip (to me it appears to be a poor design). My clip broke today although I noticed it starting to bend in recent weeks. I am wondering how many others may have had this problem, if so did you get it fixed or just go with out the clip. Not sure the clip is really needed just looking for other opinons on how others handled this. I have a K-r clip has no problems.

03-20-2016, 04:48 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by apollo23 Quote
I am new to posting in this forum although I have referenced a wealth of information. I am wondering if other Pentax K-30 owners have had problems with the plastic battery clip (to me it appears to be a poor design). My clip broke today although I noticed it starting to bend in recent weeks. I am wondering how many others may have had this problem, if so did you get it fixed or just go with out the clip. Not sure the clip is really needed just looking for other opinons on how others handled this. I have a K-r clip has no problems.
Looks like 3 others brought this issue up earlier today:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/189-repairs-warranty-service/316999-k30-b...apped-off.html

Thankfully it sounds like you can continue using the camera as long as you always open it upside-down.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-20-2016, 07:01 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had mine replaced under warranty. If it had not been covered I wasn't going to do anything about it. The camera still worked fine, with it being broke off. Since the battery door is on the bottom the camera is naturally held upside down for battery removal anyway. The battery did not move around in the camera when i walked but if it had I would have done like others and put a small wiggley eye on the door to help secure the battery. This seems to be the week point on the K30
03-20-2016, 10:10 PM   #4
pjv
Eager To Learn

Photos: Gallery
Hi apollo23. Welcome to the Pentax forum.

03-21-2016, 02:48 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome aboard, just have a wee net handy for battery changing.
03-21-2016, 08:25 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses, I also checked out the other threads. I guess I will just live with it. Unless Kerrowdown can spare a "wee net handy"
03-22-2016, 01:05 AM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by apollo23 Quote
Unless Kerrowdown can spare a "wee net"
Sorry my wee net only fits the K20Ds... guess I'll have to get a new one once the FF K1s arrive.