Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-21-2016, 10:26 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter

Hello from an old Pentaxian in the UK.

Where to begin ?
I started with a Spotmatic which I still have, then moved on to various Pentax K mount camera's most of which I still have, then on to digital with a K 100D and then a K20D and a K-01 I still have all of them and a large collection of lenses : M42, Ltm, and K mount : Pentax, Jupiter, Vivitar, Tamron, ect.
Recently having passed my 75th year I have been finding it a struggle to hump a heavy camera and lenses around which takes the pleasure of shooting away, that's the reason I got the K-01 smaller, Lighter, but oh dear no VF I just can't get into that concept, so I looked around and bought myself a Panasonic GX7 because its small, light, and I can use most of my lenses with adapters and it has in body SR which at my age is a big deal.
So far the only problems are that most of my lenses up to 135mm are ok hand held but beyond that shake becomes a problem unless I use a tripod, of course I lose all AF but that's alright I don't mind manual focusing and the GX7 has a cool focus peaking setting which is a great help. The lens I like best on the GX7 is my 50mm 1.7 M I also have the 1.4 M42, KA 1.7 and the AF 1.7 and quite a few Jupiter 50's but the
M 1.7 is the best.
I'm thinking of selling or trading some of my other lenses but I have no idea what to ask for them, some are quite rare including a KA green star 300mm f4 and a K 1.7AF adapter among others...
Anyway thanks for looking and apologies for my rambling...Dave...

03-21-2016, 02:50 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, if you have a look at this section here... The Pentax Marketplace | Buy & Sell Pentax and Photo Equipment - PentaxForums.com it will give you a good idea of pricing.
03-21-2016, 05:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum.......................................
03-21-2016, 10:11 PM   #4
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Shaky Dave Quote

Hi Dave. That doesn't even come close to rambling !! Welcome to the Pentax forums. Your long history with Pentax will serve you well here.

PS. Excellent that you are a site supporter already.

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 03-21-2016 at 10:24 PM. Reason: add text
03-21-2016, 11:22 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Shaky Dave Quote
Where to begin ?
I started with a Spotmatic which I still have,..........

Hey that's my story!
Welcome Dave :-)
03-22-2016, 03:00 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Hi Dave, Welcome from Alabama
03-25-2016, 11:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum.