Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-24-2016, 10:06 AM   #1

I hope this is the right way to introduce myself

Hi all, I'm an old gentleman from Italy and I'm not so accustomed in chatting or posting in forums.
I've been having got the proud owner of a couple of vintage Pentax ( LX and MX) and some good lenses for them, at present
carefully "retired" in a drawer, During the last 15 years I took some picture with an excellent small digital camera Olympus Camedia C 5050 Z, but recently ... the call for reflex.
I bought a K5 with its (disappointing) 18-55 kit lenses and suddenly I felt the need to try in her my old gears, to learn more about their use in my digital camera, buy other "old vintage lenses" to take again the nice pictures I used to get.
Browsing in the internet I stumbled on this wonderful, useful site...
Here I am

03-24-2016, 10:16 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome!

I look forward to seeing what you have to share here!
Post some pictures once you're up and running!!

Cheers,
Logan
03-24-2016, 10:18 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the intro. You are not alone in thinking highly of vintage glass. There certainly are excellent newer lenses to be found, but exploring the classics is great fun - and they still perform superbly.

Good to have you with us
03-24-2016, 10:18 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. Get out those old good lenses, they're still good.

You must have a bad copy of the kit lens. I have two and they are both good enough for many images, just not for every image.

03-24-2016, 10:22 AM   #5
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forum! What an excellent introduction! I agree, get those vintage lens out of that drawer & start using them. We'd love to see some of your photos with them!
03-24-2016, 10:42 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to an awesome forum. Your kit lens may need calibration on your K5. Have you tried manual focus to compare to see if you get and difference in picture quality. in any case this is the place to be!!!!
03-24-2016, 11:52 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Ciao!

If you haven't already found it, here is how to use the old lenses on the K-5.

Welcome to the Forums.
03-24-2016, 02:48 PM   #8
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi attache. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Many here can help you with advice on your " vintage " lenses.

03-24-2016, 03:25 PM   #9
PJ1
Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forums. As others have said, the vintage lenses are great and many people here use them. Sorry to read that your kit lens disappointed you because it is generally thought to be quite good. However, my experience with digital is that I get my best results from post processing RAW files. I shoot in RAW + JPG so I have images to review as well as the same file in RAW to post process if I want to. By the way, I love Italy. It is definitely my holiday destination of choice!
03-25-2016, 10:36 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Benvenuto. Ditch the kit lens and use your vintage stars - you wont be disappointed.
03-25-2016, 02:11 PM   #11
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by attache Quote
I felt the need to try in her my old gears
Welcome, many here still using fine older Pentax glass, myself included.