Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #1

hope ive understood the system OK :-)

just joined and probably not posting a hello correctly, lets try and add one of these here smileys... OK seemed to work. Right, I went for Pentax 100s of years ago brecause they tended to be small and I could afford one, had several film bodies, last was ME super IIRC, but always liked my little Pentax 24-50 Tokina 17mm and 70-210 compact telephoto, it all fitted in a tiny bag in my rucksack while out on the hills of UK. Now I have a K10 and a K20, with Sigma lenses 170-500, 70-300, 24-70 and 12-24 along with a new 70mm Macro and it all fits in a HUGE nature trekker sack, lucky I dont do much serious walking anymore. What I really want is a FF body as I love ultra wide angle landscapes. Has the possibility of FF digital ever been discussed? It has, well, thats a surprise!

07-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi, and welcome.

Benjikan has a FF thread going. I'm not reading it as I have DA lenses, though :-)

You can never go too wide. I can't get much wider than the fisheye, though.
07-10-2008, 01:32 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Hi, and welcome.

"Benjikan has a FF thread going. I'm not reading it as I have DA lenses, though :-)"

Well, think of the money you save if they make one!

"You can never go too wide. I can't get much wider than the fisheye, though."
This is true But I really want to mess about with my 12-24 at FF, even though my film efforts with it all looked a bit weird.
07-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikereid Quote
just joined and probably not posting a hello correctly, lets try and add one of these here smileys... OK seemed to work. Right, I went for Pentax 100s of years ago brecause they tended to be small and I could afford one, had several film bodies, last was ME super IIRC, but always liked my little Pentax 24-50 Tokina 17mm and 70-210 compact telephoto, it all fitted in a tiny bag in my rucksack while out on the hills of UK. Now I have a K10 and a K20, with Sigma lenses 170-500, 70-300, 24-70 and 12-24 along with a new 70mm Macro and it all fits in a HUGE nature trekker sack, lucky I dont do much serious walking anymore. What I really want is a FF body as I love ultra wide angle landscapes. Has the possibility of FF digital ever been discussed? It has, well, thats a surprise!
I just used "The Panorama Factory" to create a nearly 360 degree panorama. It worked really slickly. I used my 12-24 to take the shots (It was on the camera, what can I say), using my tripod. The shot was taken July 10th at the Bar U Ranch, a Canadian Heritage Site in Alberta, South of Calgary.

I tried PS Elements 6 to put the panorama together, but the blending was terrible between the various images (there are 12 separate full size jpegs). I downloaded TPF and ran them through, and came up with a beautifully seamless panorama. The panorama itself is nothing to write home about, but it was put together perfectly from full size jpegs.

The lady on the right is my wife, Claire, the horizontal wood on the left is the other end of the bench she is sitting upon. I could have had her on both ends, with slightly different positions, but ...

Attached Images