Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2016, 04:25 AM   #1

Hello

Just joined to get info on the K1 as its appears and hints and tips as people grow into it.

Most of my work is video, Kite buggy racing and product videos.

I am now looking for a new stills camera, My Canon 10D is a little outdated and my Canon G10 is missing a few features I need. None of my Canon glass is worth using with a new Canon so I am in an ideal position to open my eyes and look at other brands.

I was at the NEC photography show last week working on a customers stand and I was told to go and take a look at the K1. I had a great chat with one of the Pentax staff before the show opened and a good play with the K1. I was really impressed with the K1 and the new 15-30mm lens is ideal for my needs. So it looks like I have found a new camera.

The video side of the camera is lacking but I don't really need that as I have a collection of GoPros and use a JVC GY-HM600 for all my video work the K1 will act as a B camera if needed.

Most of the time the K1 will be used for landscape work and stills for time-lapse in some of my videos

03-28-2016, 01:07 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I think that many people are going to be happy with the K1, once we get our hands on it.
03-28-2016, 02:39 PM   #3
pjv
Eager To Learn

Photos: Gallery
Hi ukspeedtraps. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Enjoying the K-1 is going to be a full time occupation here I think !!