Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2016, 01:29 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from Palm Bach, Fl

Hello everyone,
Im loving my Pentax K-3. Used Canon for many years but Im glad I switched. Pentax has alot to offer compared to the other brands.

04-02-2016, 02:03 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AxMarr Quote
Im loving my Pentax K-3

Hi AxMarr. Welcome to the Pentax forums. You have chosen a great camera. Hope to see some photographs soon.
04-02-2016, 02:48 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
04-02-2016, 03:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome!

I lived in Royal Palm for many years - specifically right behind the Publix on Crestwood and Southern on the edge between Royal Palm and Wellington. I graduated from RPB High in 2006.

Where in PB do you live?

Also, if you were be so kind, I'm particularly curious as to what your experience with Canon was, what initially grabbed your attention regarding Pentax, and what specifically makes you so much happier with K-mount

-Heie

04-02-2016, 04:15 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Currently live in Lake Worth. Previous Canon equipment: Elan II (Film), EOS 3 (Film), 30D (digital), 18-55mm, 28-135mm IS, 70mm f/2.8 macro (Sigma), 300mm f/4 IS, 500mm f/4.5 EX (Sigma). Used Canon equipment for a span of roughly 15 years. Fairly happy with Canon and its performance. Lots of soft images though. Long story short. My lenses were ruined while living in Puerto Rico for a few years. The humidity. Fungus. I would be better off buying new equipment compared to sending them to get repaired. The 30D was great for its time but by the time the issue with the lenses came up, it was time to replace it with a more modern system. A friend told me about the Pentax K3. I began to do the research and was impressed with all the features the Pentax K3 offered compared to the Canon equivalent sort of, the 70D. I like the fact that I can use legacy Pentax manual focus lenses. Some of those lenses are spectacular. The weather sealing on the K3 and various lenses sold me with Pentax also. This website also helps with its extensive reviews of lenses and camera equipment. I am not liking the fact that Sigma and Tamron are pulling back on producing K-mount lenses though. Still, I'm happy about making the switch to Pentax.
04-02-2016, 06:38 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome to the Pentax forums!
04-02-2016, 07:56 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
Welcome!

I lived in Royal Palm for many years - specifically right behind the Publix on Crestwood and Southern on the edge between Royal Palm and Wellington. I graduated from RPB High in 2006.
I'm close by that location. I will be at the second annual fundraiser at the Arts Garage tomorrow (Sunday) in downtown Delray Beach from 6:30 until 8 or 9 p.m. Two of my photos are featured on display among many other wildlife and landscape photos.

Celebration of Florida Wildlife and Nature Photography Exhibit
Public - downtown Delray Beach -
94 N.E. 2nd Ave

Last edited by traderdrew; 04-02-2016 at 08:02 PM.
04-03-2016, 01:53 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AxMarr Quote
Pentax has alot to offer compared to the other brands.
Welcome, it also has a very exclusive membership too as they are not many of us about and that's how we like it.

We all chose to be different.