Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2016, 01:38 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from Lyon, France

Rookie photographer here, learning with a Fuji XM1 for 4 months, more black and white oriented. I own a few old Pentax lenses, I'm very excited about the K-1 possibilities !

I've just discovered the post production contest and it seems to be a wonderful way to share an interpretation of a picture, it is a great way so as to improve ourselves, in my opinion.

There are tons of useful informations on this forum, I'm glad to join !

04-05-2016, 02:04 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! We have tons of photo challenges on the forum, be sure to check them all out

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-05-2016, 02:16 AM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Guillaume Quote
There are tons of useful informations on this forum, I'm glad to join !

Hi Guillaume. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Glad you could join us. Hope to see some of your photographs soon.
04-05-2016, 03:13 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi Guillaume. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Glad you could join us. Hope to see some of your photographs soon.
Well thank you for you answers Adam and Peter ! It seemed to be a very good idea so I created an album, by the way these you show nice pictures with a lot of textures and details, would be fantastic for black and white work.

04-05-2016, 06:48 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome from Chicago!
I look forward to seeing your photos. Mine are mostly on Flickr and Facebook.
04-06-2016, 12:14 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Welcome from Chicago!
I look forward to seeing your photos. Mine are mostly on Flickr and Facebook.

Hello Terry ! I see a lot of fine pictures on your stream, wow these are really beautiful dogs, is the huge one a Malamut ? They make really sweet subjects and they seem happy to play together.. In the mud too !
04-06-2016, 05:25 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Guillaume Quote
Hello Terry ! I see a lot of fine pictures on your stream, wow these are really beautiful dogs, is the huge one a Malamut ? They make really sweet subjects and they seem happy to play together.. In the mud too !
Yes, the biggest is Kiowa, he's a 3/4 Malamute/Husky mix. At 120lbs and even more attitude, he's all Malamute. Ki is 6 years old.
The black/grey Husky is named Kato. He's 90lbs, and a bit too smart for his own good sometimes. He's 4 years old.
The red Husky is named Remy, we adopted her in 2014, we think she's about 7 years old.

The big groups you see are "Husky Huddles" at local dog parks. We can draw around 50 dogs on a good weekend, it's organized via Facebook. We prefer the winter Huddles, the weather is good for the dogs and they stay clean when the ground is frozen!

04-07-2016, 12:46 AM   #8

"Bienvenue" my friend......

Bob (also in France)
04-07-2016, 01:45 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Yes, the biggest is Kiowa, he's a 3/4 Malamute/Husky mix. At 120lbs and even more attitude, he's all Malamute. Ki is 6 years old.
The black/grey Husky is named Kato. He's 90lbs, and a bit too smart for his own good sometimes. He's 4 years old.
The red Husky is named Remy, we adopted her in 2014, we think she's about 7 years old.

The big groups you see are "Husky Huddles" at local dog parks. We can draw around 50 dogs on a good weekend, it's organized via Facebook. We prefer the winter Huddles, the weather is good for the dogs and they stay clean when the ground is frozen!

Kiowa is not really far from my actual weight, they are trully beautiful creatures, very expressive eyes, sometimes two different colors in the same eye, I'd really like to see 50 dogs playing in the snow ! But I bet this joy comes with a lot of work to take care of them, those beings are the most loyal on this planet. It promises a lot of other nice pictures !

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob L Quote
"Bienvenue" my friend......

Bob (also in France)

Salut Bob ! Merci pour l'accueil // hi Bob ! Thanks for welcoming
04-07-2016, 05:20 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We had a husky before these guys, a big boy at 85lbs, named Xerxes. He died in 2012 at 13 years old. He had a parti-colored eye about 1/3 brown (and his vision was better than mine, it seemed). He was a helluva dog, a dominant male who never had to exert his authority - other dogs just seemed to accept that he was El Jefe, and never had to get rough. It was remarkable, other dogs just wanted to be around him. Our red husky at that time was named Quintus, and he was a real Omega dog. Not submissive, but kind of a joker. He was never comfortable if the temperature was over freezing, such a thick coat.

Oh, and our Malamute, Kiowa, is very stealthy. For a 120lb dog he can move silently, and often we find him sitting behind us and we never heard him approach.

Last edited by TER-OR; 04-07-2016 at 05:32 AM.
04-10-2016, 08:56 AM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, enjoy all that you find here.