Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2016, 08:49 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Room for one more from Toronto Canada?

Hello

My first camera was a Vivitar pocket film camera. I liked taking pictures, but developing them and buying more film was an expense and a nuisance, so I eventually stopped. Years later - ten years ago now, just after I got my first home computer, a friend persuaded me to get a digital camera. I knew I needed an affordable point and shoot with exceptional low light capability, and I searched until I found the Fuji f20. I shot thousands of pictures with that remarkable little camera. I learned a great many things about photography, file handling, the great wonder of helpful internet forums and the importance of keeping an open mind to the possibility that brands other than the frontrunners can and do offer worthwhile if not excellent cameras.

I've considered getting a dslr for years, but never quite found one that was right for me until I handled a Pentax K-50. I was so very taken with the way it fit in my hands, the balance, how easy the layout and the two wheels makes it to access and use the controls, and the bright, beautiful viewfinder. So I got one with an 18 -135 WR kit lens.

In the past month I've had it, I've greatly enjoyed using it and have been very impressed with the image quality. I look forward to taking (and posting) even more as the weather here in Toronto improves.

(The Japanese Maple was shot with my beloved fuji f20. The others are from the K- 50. I know there's plenty of room for improvement, but it's a start...)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
FinePix F20  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
04-16-2016, 10:55 PM   #2
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by eyrr Quote

Hi eyrr. Welcome to the Pentax forums. There is always room at the Pentax table for one more !!

Ps. Very good 1st photographs from you.
04-17-2016, 11:18 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi eyrr. Welcome to the Pentax forums. There is always room at the Pentax table for one more !!

Ps. Very good 1st photographs from you.
Thanks pjv! You made my day!
04-17-2016, 03:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and nice pics introducing yourself.

04-17-2016, 03:32 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum, there are quite a few from Toronto on the forum , like at least 7. (Wow, seven pages of members, who knew?)

Be sure and join the Toronto Pentaxians
Toronto Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com
04-17-2016, 05:50 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome, good to learn your story and see photographs. You are doing well with the K-50--good macros and Nuthatch. I have to visit Toronto, I know it is a great city...
04-19-2016, 12:38 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by eyrr Quote
Welcome, let me check... aye there's standing room over there.

04-19-2016, 05:30 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Welcome, good to learn your story and see photographs. You are doing well with the K-50--good macros and Nuthatch. I have to visit Toronto, I know it is a great city...
Thanks Jacquot! The nuthatch was a total gift. I was taking my first pictures in my backyard, and I was more concerned with accustoming the birds to the sight and sounds of the camera than with taking pictures as such. The light was building shade - not good. When I cropped the picture just to see what I got and saw that, I just about fell off my chair. Full marks to the camera for that one.

---------- Post added 04-19-16 at 05:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome, let me check... aye there's standing room over there.
Great, thanks - squeezing in! (Late to the party as usual, but very glad to be here.)
04-19-2016, 07:01 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums. It looks like you are doing fine from looking at your images. I like the picture of the white flowers.

Happy shooting!