Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2016, 09:51 PM   #1

Hi. New to the Forum

Hi. My first time on any forum!

I'm a long-time Pentaxian with my first Pentax being a K1000, which I regrettably sold. I still own MZ-3 and MZ-S film bodies. I was awaiting release of the MZ-D as a counterpart to my MZ-S and was very disappointed when it was pulled from production. I have owned an *ist-D, K-10-D, K-20-D; K-5. I currently own the K-3 and am awaiting shipping of the K-1 which I hope to acquire.

I enjoy many types of photography, with my favourites being landscape.

I've been building my kit of Pentax gear and only full-frame lenses for years in anticipation of Pentax's release of a full-frame body - K-1. I have most of the lenses on my list, with exception of a couple of more wide angle and some longer super telephoto or long zooms.

I've recently been exploring the possibility of acquiring a fisheye lens for landscape and/or creative indoor shots of gatherings or tight quarters. I've never owned or used a fisheye. I've been reviewing the forums and the Pentax SMC F 17-28 fisheye zoom and Sigma 15mm F 2.8 fisheye for Pentax are both rated highly, but I've not been able to find any threads or reviews comparing these two lenses. I'd appreciate any input on which would be a better fisheye on the K-1 - the 17-28 fisheye zoom, or the Sigma 15mm autofocus for Pentax.

04-25-2016, 10:09 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to Pentax Forums!
04-25-2016, 10:12 PM   #3
Tas
Site Supporter

G'Day and welcome to the forums and the K1 waiting list. The list seems to grow each day, but that's a good thing.

Enjoy the forum and don't forget to post us some of your work.

Tas
04-25-2016, 10:45 PM   #4
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TOsachuk Quote
I enjoy many types of photography, with my favourites being landscape.

Hi TOsachuk. Welcome to the Pentax forums. You will fit in well here as many members feel the same way. Enjoy the K-1.

04-25-2016, 11:22 PM   #5

Original Poster
Best Place to Post About Fisheyes for K-1

Thanks for the welcome!

Can anyone suggest the best thread/place to post about best fisheyes for the K-1: Pentax F 17-28 fisheye zoom vs. Sigma AF 15 mm f 2.8 for Pentax?
04-25-2016, 11:32 PM   #6
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Can anyone suggest the best thread/place to post about best fisheyes for the K-1: Pentax F 17-28 fisheye zoom vs. Sigma AF 15 mm f 2.8 for Pentax?

If you scroll down to the very bottom of any page, you will find the site map. Click on that and all the forums will be displayed. You can choose a lens discussion forum or perhaps the K-1 forum. Good luck.
04-25-2016, 11:40 PM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the form, a couple of links which maybe of interest, whilst not a direct comparison there's some info for you.

SMC Pentax-F 17-28mm F3.5-4.5 Fish-Eye Reviews - F Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye Lens Reviews - Sigma Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
04-26-2016, 12:46 AM   #8

Thanks for the welcome!

Search here: Pentax K-1 - PentaxForums.com

Bound to be plenty of speculative discussions going on there.

Also have a look here: Pentax SLR Lens Discussion - PentaxForums.com

Again, do some digging.

As Kerrodown mentioned there is also the lens reviews.

The thing is, the K1 is yet to be shipped, so finding any hands on experience with one lens or another will be non existent.

I know there is so much to view here, and that can be intimidating for new members. After some time passes you will become more familiar with the forum. There is a huge amount of resources here.

04-26-2016, 07:54 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums.