Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2016, 10:50 AM   #1

Hello from Washington state..

Glad to be a part of the Forum community and with other "Pentaxians".

Prior to joining, the forum had been a huge plus to me already. I have recently acquired a truly MINT SP1000 from a dear friend who was downsizing. It had no battery and I was initially saddened at the prospect of not being able to find a replacement. Since I previously owned the film version of the beautiful 645 system, all I had to do was google the name Pentax. The forums appeared and all my troubles vanished. Voila!! Mystery solved. Thanks again. I hope I have the opportunity to contribute in some small way to other members sometime. Best regards, Richard (Contender).

"It's not what you look at that counts...it's what you see."

04-28-2016, 11:21 AM   #2
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Richard, Welcome aboard! Indeed this site is comprised of wonderful members that go the extra mile to help others.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions!
04-28-2016, 01:42 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome from a neighbour to the North! If you still shoot film check us out in the SLR section.

Phil.
04-28-2016, 05:07 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums. It is nice that you were able to get yourself set up. I hope you enjoy your equipment.

04-28-2016, 10:02 PM   #5
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Contender Quote

Hi Contender. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Truer words have never been spoken !!! Hope to view some photographs of what you have been " seeing."
04-29-2016, 05:22 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard!
04-29-2016, 01:59 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome, enjoy your photography the Pentax way.

05-19-2016, 01:03 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum!
07-01-2016, 07:14 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by debakarma Quote
Welcome to the forum!
Hey guys...Recently, I saw a post regarding a user who had just picked up a Yashica TL Electro X, black, with the ITS designation on the body. Some have characterized this camera as being eerily close to the Spotmatic II.....but I have been pushed to the edge of my mental limits trying to determine what ITS stands for. Three seemingly innocuous letters which sends all my search engines to near fatigue.
PLEASE someone tell me what this designation refers to.....or I'll have to make something up.Thanks.
07-13-2016, 06:04 AM   #10

Hey guys...Recently, I saw a post regarding a user who had just picked up a Yashica TL Electro X, black, with the ITS designation on the body. Some have characterized this camera as being eerily close to the Spotmatic II.....but I have been pushed to the edge of my mental limits trying to determine what ITS stands for. Three seemingly innocuous letters which sends all my search engines to near fatigue.
PLEASE someone tell me what this designation refers to.....or I'll have to make something up.Thanks.
I don't think its something overly complex... the Electro X was the first camera they released with a mechanical shutter with step-less electronic timing which allowed intermediate shutter speeds. I think they choose ITS because of the intermediate shutter speeds when they updated the camera and included a faster X sync, the only difference I can see in the two models.
07-14-2016, 09:37 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Glad to be a part of the Forum community and with other "Pentaxians".

Prior to joining, the forum had been a huge plus to me already. I have recently acquired a truly MINT SP1000 from a dear friend who was downsizing. It had no battery and I was initially saddened at the prospect of not being able to find a replacement. Since I previously owned the film version of the beautiful 645 system, all I had to do was google the name Pentax. The forums appeared and all my troubles vanished. Voila!! Mystery solved. Thanks again. I hope I have the opportunity to contribute in some small way to other members sometime. Best regards, Richard (Contender).

Where is Washington? I am in Nooksack.