Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2016, 09:06 AM   #1

From Manchester UK

Hi All,

I am here because I am on long term sick leave from work and need to exercise. To answer that question I started walking in a nature reserve and took pictures with my mobile phone camera which were not good enough so I bought a zoom lens for it which was a bugger to use. Just 3 days ago I received my Pentax *IST D that I bought off ebay. It came with a 28-80mm lens. After 57 years I have just begun my journey through photography and already I am waiting for delivery of a 70-200mm lens. I know nothing of iso's f/## apertures, shutter speed etc.etc. I am hoping i can learn a lot from this forum but for now I am learning the basics from the camera manual.

I am Married with 6 children and 10 grandchildren I now stay at home all day every day and am excited to start this photographic journey.

04-29-2016, 09:10 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Ian: Best of luck getting to know your camera and photography. Ask plenty of questions, do searches, and keep shooting.
04-29-2016, 09:35 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Ian! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
04-29-2016, 12:06 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by ian booth Quote
Hi All,

I am here because I am on long term sick leave from work and need to exercise. To answer that question I started walking in a nature reserve and took pictures with my mobile phone camera which were not good enough so I bought a zoom lens for it which was a bugger to use. Just 3 days ago I received my Pentax *IST D that I bought off ebay. It came with a 28-80mm lens. After 57 years I have just begun my journey through photography and already I am waiting for delivery of a 70-200mm lens. I know nothing of iso's f/## apertures, shutter speed etc.etc. I am hoping i can learn a lot from this forum but for now I am learning the basics from the camera manual.

I am Married with 6 children and 10 grandchildren I now stay at home all day every day and am excited to start this photographic journey.
With all those children, grandchildren, time on your hands and a new camera, you have great photo ops and a rewarding journey in front of you. Enjoy it.

04-29-2016, 12:29 PM   #5

Hello from Nantwich
04-29-2016, 02:02 PM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, remember the learning bit is also supposed to be fun too... so enjoy.
04-29-2016, 05:27 PM   #7
pjv
Eager To Learn

QuoteOriginally posted by ian booth Quote
I know nothing of iso's f/## apertures, shutter speed etc.etc. I am hoping i can learn a lot from this forum but for now I am learning the basics from the camera manual.

Hi Ian. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Enjoy your " new to you " equipment. Any help you may need is only a question away.
04-29-2016, 06:23 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Welcome the forums.

05-01-2016, 02:42 AM   #9

Original Poster
Thank you all, I intend to enjoy all of it from learning how the camera works to taking a good shot. I will post some pics as soon as I can find a way to get what I have taken, onto my laptop. My camera has the obsolete (i believe) 8 pin mini B slot so I am just waiting for the card reader to arrive.
05-19-2016, 12:59 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum!