Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2016, 09:50 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from Poland

Hi all,
I have finally registered myself as a pentaxforums user, after reading the content on the site for the last 6 months. That's when I bought my first DSLR (the K-30), and it all went downhill form that point on

A few words about myself - I've been taking photographs for many years, but it was always the holiday-excursion-family photos. I did not even considered it a hobby - but somehow the camera always ended up in my hands.
Today, I still consider mysef a "guy with a camera" - or at the most an amateur sirious about his hobby, trying to acquire enough knowledge and experience (and learning by doing, heh) to be a good photographer one of these days.

The "genres" of photography that I'm into are landscape, architecture, wildlife and macro photography, and since my daughter was born I also experiment with portraits. So my interests are quite broad for now, I might specialize someday, but for now - I don't want to there are so many things to discover and learn!

So that's it for now, and thanks for all the knowledge gathered here by generations of Pentaxians I'll try to add to it, if I can.

05-06-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
05-06-2016, 12:38 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome, a great intro, enjoy all that you find here.
05-06-2016, 01:24 PM   #4
smf
Pentaxian

Welcome and best wishes.

05-06-2016, 03:57 PM   #5
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Kotu Quote
The "genres" of photography that I'm into are landscape, architecture, wildlife and macro photography, and since my daughter was born I also experiment with portraits.

Hi Kotu. Welcome to the Pentax forums. I hope to see some of your photographs from each of these "genres" soon !!
05-06-2016, 06:25 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello and welcome. I have been to Krakow and Warsawa, and I think Poland is wonderful! I look forward to seeing your pictures.
05-06-2016, 10:37 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thank you for all the kind words! For now, I have uploaded an image to WPD gallery. Not entirely satisfied with that though, the colors are different than viewed on my screen, more washed out... Maybe you can help me pinpoint what I'm doing wrong?
The image is a downsized JPG, exported from DNG with Lightroom - is it a question of choosing the correct color profile while exporting? Or maybe my laptop screen is so crappy (or uncalibrated)?

05-07-2016, 03:35 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have noticed my pictures sometimes appear different between my computer and the PF gallery. I don't have an explanation. Nice composition in your picture, and I am sure the colors of sunset were incredible.
05-19-2016, 12:51 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum!