Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-07-2016, 08:24 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Greatings

In typical fashion, my love of Pentax started with my Dad. The earliest story that I remember of him shooting with a Pentax was in late 1960s when he was just out of university traveling in Argentina. He told me about being mindful carrying around something so valuable (both sentimental and expensive).

Years later after I had shown up, I quickly got comfortable seeing "Pentax" at the top of a camera as my dad documented my childhood.

He gave me my first Pentax DSLR *ist DS when I was roughly the same age as he was in Argentina.

Now I think my future kids are going to know the white "Pentax" on top of their Dad's Camera during their well documented childhoods. For the time being, I do know it's probably one of the two words my cat is familiar with.. The other being Tuna...

05-07-2016, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome, it's good that you've kept up the family Pentax tradition.
05-07-2016, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #3
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Jamestogo Quote
I quickly got comfortable seeing "Pentax" at the top of a camera as my dad documented my childhood.

Hi James. Welcome aboard the Pentax forums. What a wonderful way to be introduced to Pentax.

I'm glad that you are keeping that tradition going with your kids.
05-07-2016, 08:07 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum James! Looking forward to seeing some of your images.

05-19-2016, 12:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum!
« hi! | Hello to all! »