Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2016, 02:12 AM   #1

Greetings all..........new member

I have always enjoyed taking pictures with various point and shoot cameras, but met someone on holiday in Turkey who was using a Pentax K5.
He allowed me to have a play (thank you Craig) and I was hooked. Many people have told me to look at Nikon and Canon and I have done so but none compare to the build quality of Pentax. So, not being able to afford the K5, I opted for the K50 and so far have not regretted the purchase.
The kit lens with the K50 - 18-55mm F3.5-5.6AL WR is ok in performance but light weight plastic and lacks the feel of quality, unlike the excellent manual focus lenses available. So I am happy using my SMC A 50mm F1.7 and SMC A 38mm F2.8 vintage lenses at the moment. I will want to look into long lenses as I fish and often see wonderful wildlife at a distance for which my current lenses are unsuitable.

05-11-2016, 02:57 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello PBRD,

Welcome to THE Forum. Congrats on purchasing the K-50, I am confident you will experience a tremendous amount of satisfaction with it once you get the hang of all the whistles and bells.

Tonytee
05-11-2016, 03:09 AM   #3
pjv
Eager To Learn

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PBRD Quote
I will want to look into long lenses as I fish and often see wonderful wildlife at a distance for which my current lenses are unsuitable.

Hi PBRD. Welcome to the Pentax forums. As Pentax has many weather resistant lenses to choose from, fishing and photography can work well together.
Hope to see some of your images soon.
05-11-2016, 04:59 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Hello PBRD,

Welcome to THE Forum. Congrats on purchasing the K-50, I am confident you will experience a tremendous amount of satisfaction with it once you get the hang of all the whistles and bells.

Tonytee
Thank you Tonytee,
I'm not much for bells and whistles, so expect that there will be much that the camera can do that never gets used!
Still, time will tell and I will enjoy experimenting.
PBRD

05-11-2016, 05:02 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you for your interest pjv
05-11-2016, 05:32 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all it has to offer.
05-19-2016, 12:36 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum!
05-19-2016, 11:07 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all it has to offer.
Thank you..........I am looking forward to joining in..........I am new to DSLR and have a lot to learn but am up for the challenge!