Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2016, 06:13 AM   #1

Hi from Pontypridd

Hi all,
This is my first post, I have just dug out my 40 year old Spotmatic 2 and put a couple of rolls of Kodak 400asa colour through it, I had it processed by Jessops in Cardiff and was very pleased with the results.
I have lost the enthusiasm with digital and made the leap back to real photography, last weekend I found a complete colour darkroom outfit for sale on Gumtree from a chap in Penarth with a Durst M670 enlarger, Durst timer, Paterson system 1000 exposure meter all the trays, tanks and washers you could ask for, he only wanted £50 for it.
I cant wait to get it all set up, I haven't had a darkroom since 1984 when I had to sell all my gear during the miners strike.
Cheers
Paul

05-11-2016, 06:18 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard Paul. Before you know it, you'll be playing with coffee and orange juice!
05-11-2016, 06:29 AM   #3

Original Poster
Done that already, made sun pictures out in the garden last Sunday and fixed them with vinegar and orange juice, My 15 year old daughters face was a sight to see when the image started to show on some old paper .
05-11-2016, 08:37 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums.

05-11-2016, 11:03 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and welcome back to real photography.
05-11-2016, 03:00 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CWM458 Quote
Done that already, made sun pictures out in the garden last Sunday and fixed them with vinegar and orange juice, My 15 year old daughters face was a sight to see when the image started to show on some old paper .
Excellent!
05-11-2016, 03:28 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CWM458 Quote
Welcome aboard. I have to admit that I had to look up Pontypridd. I figured it was Welsh. We have a town in central New York called Cardiff where one of the great hoaxes of the 19th century was unearthed. It was called the Cardiff Giant. It was touted as the fossilized body of one of the giants mentioned in the Bible. It is still on display at that other museum in Cooperstown, NY called the Farmer's Museum. Most people have heard of the Baseball Hall of Fame that is located there. Neat place but the Farmer's Museum is more photogenic.

The first time one sees an image come to life is a memorable moment. Almost magical. IT can hook you for life. I too have a Pentax Spormatic II. Great find on the darkroom equipment. FWIW, in a pinch, seawater can be used to fix film but it is a pretty long process.

05-11-2016, 10:43 PM   #8
Closed Account

Hi Paul. Welcome aboard the Pentax forums. I hope your fond memories of your darkroom are brought back to life.
05-19-2016, 12:34 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum! Sure as it seems there is a revived interest in film. Enjoy your photography.
« Newbie | Greetings! »