Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2007, 08:02 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hiya from beautiful British Columbia!

Just joined the site. Everyone seems very friendly and helpful so I thought I'd take the plunge. Me? I'm a novice to the hobby and so far just shoot film with my wonderful old hand-me-down Program Plus SLR, and her two faithful companions my 1:1.7 50mm and my 1:2.8 28mm. I have decided that it's time to delve into the digital age, mostly due to the unbelievable cost factor involed with film and processing. So my research has begun, and this looks like a great place to get opinions and expert advice! I look forward to learning and sharing my photos and ideas with you all!

02-11-2007, 08:14 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by brindlefly99 Quote
Just joined the site. Everyone seems very friendly and helpful so I thought I'd take the plunge. Me? I'm a novice to the hobby and so far just shoot film with my wonderful old hand-me-down Program Plus SLR, and her two faithful companions my 1:1.7 50mm and my 1:2.8 28mm. I have decided that it's time to delve into the digital age, mostly due to the unbelievable cost factor involed with film and processing. So my research has begun, and this looks like a great place to get opinions and expert advice! I look forward to learning and sharing my photos and ideas with you all!
Wow.
I am also living in B.C. in Kamloops now, to be exact.. just having moved back here from Vancouver, where I'd spent the last 9 months.

It's amazing... I responded because we parallel in many ways. I started out with a Pentax Superprogram (not the plus though), 35mm SLR and two lenses.. the A-50mm f/1.7, and the A-28mm f/2.8!

I eventually sold the 28mm as I was never using it.. but the 50mm is still a trusted companion on my *ist DS. I also now have access to a K10D.. (but don't own it, sadly).

Welcome to the forums, and enjoy your stay.
02-11-2007, 10:22 PM   #3

I'm new here too but I'll extend a welcome.

I'm in Regina.... where it's -25C and going down. lol!
02-11-2007, 11:46 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome! Wow is right, Artyste, perhaps we're living parallel lives! And eek, Tom -25C ...unfathomable!

Hope to see you soon on the boards!

B.

02-12-2007, 02:04 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Brown Quote
I'm new here too but I'll extend a welcome.

I'm in Regina.... where it's -25C and going down. lol!
I once met a young lady in Italy born in Regina of Greek parents, but now living in Siracuse in Sicily. She said that she didn't miss the climate there one bit!