Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-16-2016, 10:32 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery
Yellow Peeps!

Yello everyone. I live in Boise, Idaho. Owned a Pentax back in the film days. When digital hit, bought a Canon with some L lenses. Literally blew through about 6 Canon bodies doing real estate virtual tours for about 7 years. Let's see I averaged about 5-600 photos a day, 5-6 days a week. Many many shutter actuations, and yes, the cameras only lasted about 150k -200k, then they'd croak and I'd either send them into Canon for repair or get the next camera. Man what a pain. When that job ended I vowed I'd never buy a Canon again. Researched for awhile and got discouraged by everything out there. Either super expensive or just plain unexciting. Then Pentax rumors hit about a new full frame. I have to say, for the first time in many years I got excited. I had no lenses, nothing. Just a desire to get back into photography and do it with a full frame that will last me at least 7 years or so. More research, more excitement, and finally, a couple weeks ago my new K-1 came.

Wow, now I need lenses, but on a pauper's budget, I've just scrounged up a few manuals at garage sale prices. Lets see I have a Vivitar 28mm 2.5, three various 50mm 1.4's, a Russian 200mm f2.8, oh, and I got my only autofocus, a 105 Sigma macro f2.8 off of ebay for a good price. Hmmn, not real happy with my options, but I'm gonna sell some stuff soon and maybe get the three amigos or the weather sealed 24-70mm 2.8 zoom. All that will take some time, and more research! But thanks for the support and I'll post one pic from two days ago on a stormy night in Idaho. Straight out of the camera, no post processing, exept to reduce the size. Oh, photo was taken 10pm, not am, I need to change that on my new camera.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by m144k; 05-16-2016 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Exif, info wrong
05-16-2016, 10:56 PM   #2
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by m144k Quote
. More research, more excitement, and finally, a couple weeks ago my new K-1 came.

Hi m144k. Welcome to the Pentax forums. A very good 1st photograph from you. Keep the excitement and the photographs coming !!!
05-17-2016, 12:22 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, so is that you now finished with all that real estate stuff and now enjoying your photographer the Pentax way?