Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2016, 09:58 AM   #1

new to site with question

Howdy.
I'm new to the site and need some expertise from you old timers. I haven't gone digital yet cuz I still have plenty of roll film.
However, I have a motor drive which works on the old K2dmd, LX and MX. there is a primary selection switch on the the bottom of the motor drive itself. When you separate the bottom there are 3-wire, a black, red and white (or possible light orange). All 3 wire have become separated from the bottom plate leaving me up the proverbial creek without a paddle.
Does any body have a wiring diagram or that is willing to pop the bottom off their motor drive that could tell me which wire goes where? I'd be eternally grateful and would gladly donate $100 to the Forum for a workable solution to my problem.
Randy Faerber

05-21-2016, 10:25 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Randy, welcome to Pentax Forums. We're happy to have you join us.

As for the wiring diagram for your wonder, try posting in one of the following sections:

Pentax Film SLR Discussion - PentaxForums.com

Or:

Pentax Camera and Field Accessories - PentaxForums.com

Not all members check out the introduction area, and by posting in one of the more specific forum sections your question is more likely to net a proper response. I know for new members this place can be a bit intimidating, by the sheer size of it.

There is lots of great information here, and plenty of folks with information to share. I wish you the best in your quest to repair your winder.
05-21-2016, 10:31 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I think those three cameras each had their own dedicated motor, not interchangeable,
Having had both MX and LX winders, (not motor drives) I know they were not interchangeable. The LX has motorized re-wind, which the MX (and I think the K2DMD) did not. All three bodies are different sizes.
But they may have shared battery packs, there were both re-chargeable Ni-Cad packs and grips that took AA batteries.
It sounds like the battery pack you are talking about.

It may be more economical to find an intact component than to repair what you have, and old Ni-Cad packs are likely not still useful after all these years.

There are some sites on-line that have scanned copies of service manuals posted, but I did not find anything with motors and batteries, maybe a deeper search will work Try searching "Pentax service manuals" and variations.

You may want to contact Eric Hendrickson, who specializes in film Pentax repairs. He is supposed to have lots of old parts and manuals, and may be able to point you in the right direction.
05-21-2016, 01:01 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Is this any help? http://www.robertstech.com/stuff/PentaxWinderMX.pdf

05-22-2016, 12:15 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by K-Three Quote
I think those three cameras each had their own dedicated motor, not interchangeable
+1 this my understanding too.

QuoteOriginally posted by K-Three Quote
old Ni-Cad packs are likely not still useful after all these years.
Only in my case... to provide somewhere extra for my little finger to rest.