Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2016, 01:09 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
yes-sir, it would be. lol

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
And that would be me. LOL!

Welcome to the forum, Mike! You made a good choice with the K5 ll. My K5 is going on 5 yrs. old now but still works great. It's a very rugged camera and well suited to our Adirondack environment. They made some upgrades and improvements on the version you bought.. I still use my old film era lenses but as I've aged and my eyesight isn't what it once was, I rely on the newer AF lenses. Anyhow, welcome and I hope your new gear works out for you.

06-01-2016, 05:25 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
And that would be me. LOL!

Welcome to the forum, Mike! You made a good choice with the K5 ll. My K5 is going on 5 yrs. old now but still works great. It's a very rugged camera and well suited to our Adirondack environment. They made some upgrades and improvements on the version you bought.. I still use my old film era lenses but as I've aged and my eyesight isn't what it once was, I rely on the newer AF lenses. Anyhow, welcome and I hope your new gear works out for you.
Believe me, I've known about bad eyes for over 50 years. I'm going to need a new set of contacts because i don't think they make a diopter that'll help me.

And thanks for the welcome, it IS a very small world.
AdkMike
06-01-2016, 08:48 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AdirondackMike Quote
I just ordered a K-5 ll on Amazon through Adorama. I have on old lens from a K-1000 to make sure it works, and then I'll be off.
I have to say that there was no info on "what's in the box", so to speak, but Adorama's customer service was great about getting
the "comes with" info to me on a holiday weekend. Thanks, Adorama, and thanks to you guys who's advice convinced me to go
big, instead of with the K-50, which I almost did.
I know I'll be happier knowing I upgraded to a better camera that Adorama considers to be in "excellent" condition.
Adk Mike
The K-5 series cameras I have had (K-5 and K-5IIS) performed really nicely.
06-02-2016, 09:07 AM   #19
Adorama Camera Representative

Price is no longer an issue with the deal I found on Amazon, fulfilled by Adorama.
Judging by Adorama's cust. service, camera should be as described...excellent.
Delighted to see this has been your impression of Adorama customer service, Mike - but if you ever need additional advice or support at any time, you are always most welcome to contact me directly: Helen@adorama.com

06-02-2016, 09:58 AM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just ordered a K-5 ll on Amazon through Adorama. I have on old lens from a K-1000 to make sure it works, and then I'll be off.
I have to say that there was no info on "what's in the box", so to speak, but Adorama's customer service was great about getting
the "comes with" info to me on a holiday weekend. Thanks, Adorama, and thanks to you guys who's advice convinced me to go
I know I'll be happier knowing I upgraded to a better camera that Adorama considers to be in "excellent" condition.
Adk Mike
Congrats- great choice!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-02-2016, 01:08 PM   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Delighted to see this has been your impression of Adorama customer service, Mike - but if you ever need additional advice or support at any time, you are always most welcome to contact me directly: Helen@adorama.com
Thanks Helen, I will. I don't want to jinx myself since I foolishly chose regular ( free ) shipping ( I'm 'frugal' ) so I won't receive the camera 'til next week.
Now I need lenses.
Mike

---------- Post added 06-02-16 at 01:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Congrats- great choice!
Thanks Adam. I've been checking out the forum since the K-7 came out but until the K-5 ll(s) was released there always seemed to be some little problem
with these cameras, 'though Pentax lovers raved about them anyway.
Now with the price of a used one in my ballpark I took the plunge.
You always seem to be helpful an also try to keep some of these posts on track.
Glad to have joined.
Mike
06-02-2016, 01:33 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Adk Mike

Welcome. Good choice with the K5II. Looking forward to seeing shot shots when you are all set up.

TH1952

06-02-2016, 01:43 PM - 2 Likes   #23

Original Poster
Thanks Helen, I will. I don't want to jinx myself since I foolishly chose regular ( free ) shipping ( I'm 'frugal' ) so I won't receive the camera 'til next week.
Now I need lenses.
Mike

---------- Post added 06-02-16 at 01:13 PM ----------

Thanks Adam. I've been checking out the forum since the K-7 came out but until the K-5 ll(s) was released there always seemed to be some little problem
with these cameras, 'though Pentax lovers raved about them anyway.
Now with the price of a used one in my ballpark I took the plunge.
You always seem to be helpful an also try to keep some of these posts on track.
Glad to have joined.
Mike
OK, I gladly admit that I'm a liar
I just heard a thump on my front porch and it was my new camera. And I do mean new-looking, not used.
It was supposed to come with the original box, manual, strap, battery and charger. Well it also had the CD and cables.
I worked in retail for about 40 years and I have got to say that this looks like an "open box" that was open for the
shortest time on record. Little tiny smudge on first page of the manual and it doesn't even look like the manual
was opened!
Thanks Adorama...again.

A very happy AdkMike ( who now REALLY needs some lenses )
06-02-2016, 04:27 PM - 1 Like   #24

Original Poster
OK, I gladly admit that I'm a liar
I just heard a thump on my front porch and it was my new camera. And I do mean new-looking, not used.
It was supposed to come with the original box, manual, strap, battery and charger. Well it also had the CD and cables.
I worked in retail for about 40 years and I have got to say that this looks like an "open box" that was open for the
shortest time on record. Little tiny smudge on first page of the manual and it doesn't even look like the manual
was opened!
Thanks Adorama...again.

A very happy AdkMike ( who now REALLY needs some lenses )
Just ordered : HD DA 18-50mm f/4.0-5.6 DC WR RE
Boy that's a mouthful...good for a start