Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2016, 01:09 PM   #16
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 12822
Photos: Albums
Posts: 416
yes-sir, it would be. lol

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
And that would be me. LOL!

Welcome to the forum, Mike! You made a good choice with the K5 ll. My K5 is going on 5 yrs. old now but still works great. It's a very rugged camera and well suited to our Adirondack environment. They made some upgrades and improvements on the version you bought.. I still use my old film era lenses but as I've aged and my eyesight isn't what it once was, I rely on the newer AF lenses. Anyhow, welcome and I hope your new gear works out for you.


06-01-2016, 05:25 PM   #17
Junior Member




Join Date: May 2016
Location: Glens Falls, N.Y.
Posts: 29
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
And that would be me. LOL!

Welcome to the forum, Mike! You made a good choice with the K5 ll. My K5 is going on 5 yrs. old now but still works great. It's a very rugged camera and well suited to our Adirondack environment. They made some upgrades and improvements on the version you bought.. I still use my old film era lenses but as I've aged and my eyesight isn't what it once was, I rely on the newer AF lenses. Anyhow, welcome and I hope your new gear works out for you.
Believe me, I've known about bad eyes for over 50 years. I'm going to need a new set of contacts because i don't think they make a diopter that'll help me.

And thanks for the welcome, it IS a very small world.
AdkMike
06-01-2016, 08:48 PM   #18
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,392
QuoteOriginally posted by AdirondackMike Quote
I just ordered a K-5 ll on Amazon through Adorama. I have on old lens from a K-1000 to make sure it works, and then I'll be off.
I have to say that there was no info on "what's in the box", so to speak, but Adorama's customer service was great about getting
the "comes with" info to me on a holiday weekend. Thanks, Adorama, and thanks to you guys who's advice convinced me to go
big, instead of with the K-50, which I almost did.
I know I'll be happier knowing I upgraded to a better camera that Adorama considers to be in "excellent" condition.
Adk Mike
The K-5 series cameras I have had (K-5 and K-5IIS) performed really nicely.
06-02-2016, 09:07 AM   #19
Adorama Camera Representative
Helen Oster's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 548
QuoteOriginally posted by AdirondackMike Quote
Price is no longer an issue with the deal I found on Amazon, fulfilled by Adorama.
Judging by Adorama's cust. service, camera should be as described...excellent.
Delighted to see this has been your impression of Adorama customer service, Mike - but if you ever need additional advice or support at any time, you are always most welcome to contact me directly: Helen@adorama.com

06-02-2016, 09:58 AM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 43,177
QuoteOriginally posted by AdirondackMike Quote
I just ordered a K-5 ll on Amazon through Adorama. I have on old lens from a K-1000 to make sure it works, and then I'll be off.
I have to say that there was no info on "what's in the box", so to speak, but Adorama's customer service was great about getting
the "comes with" info to me on a holiday weekend. Thanks, Adorama, and thanks to you guys who's advice convinced me to go
big, instead of with the K-50, which I almost did.
I know I'll be happier knowing I upgraded to a better camera that Adorama considers to be in "excellent" condition.
Adk Mike
Congrats- great choice!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-02-2016, 01:08 PM   #21
Junior Member




Join Date: May 2016
Location: Glens Falls, N.Y.
Posts: 29
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Delighted to see this has been your impression of Adorama customer service, Mike - but if you ever need additional advice or support at any time, you are always most welcome to contact me directly: Helen@adorama.com
Thanks Helen, I will. I don't want to jinx myself since I foolishly chose regular ( free ) shipping ( I'm 'frugal' ) so I won't receive the camera 'til next week.
Now I need lenses.
Mike

---------- Post added 06-02-16 at 01:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Congrats- great choice!
Thanks Adam. I've been checking out the forum since the K-7 came out but until the K-5 ll(s) was released there always seemed to be some little problem
with these cameras, 'though Pentax lovers raved about them anyway.
Now with the price of a used one in my ballpark I took the plunge.
You always seem to be helpful an also try to keep some of these posts on track.
Glad to have joined.
Mike
06-02-2016, 01:33 PM   #22
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 292
QuoteOriginally posted by AdirondackMike Quote
I just ordered a K-5 ll on Amazon through Adorama. I have on old lens from a K-1000 to make sure it works, and then I'll be off.
I have to say that there was no info on "what's in the box", so to speak, but Adorama's customer service was great about getting
the "comes with" info to me on a holiday weekend. Thanks, Adorama, and thanks to you guys who's advice convinced me to go
big, instead of with the K-50, which I almost did.
I know I'll be happier knowing I upgraded to a better camera that Adorama considers to be in "excellent" condition.
Adk Mike

Welcome. Good choice with the K5II. Looking forward to seeing shot shots when you are all set up.

TH1952
06-02-2016, 01:43 PM - 2 Likes   #23
Junior Member




Join Date: May 2016
Location: Glens Falls, N.Y.
Posts: 29
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AdirondackMike Quote
Thanks Helen, I will. I don't want to jinx myself since I foolishly chose regular ( free ) shipping ( I'm 'frugal' ) so I won't receive the camera 'til next week.
Now I need lenses.
Mike

---------- Post added 06-02-16 at 01:13 PM ----------


Thanks Adam. I've been checking out the forum since the K-7 came out but until the K-5 ll(s) was released there always seemed to be some little problem
with these cameras, 'though Pentax lovers raved about them anyway.
Now with the price of a used one in my ballpark I took the plunge.
You always seem to be helpful an also try to keep some of these posts on track.
Glad to have joined.
Mike
OK, I gladly admit that I'm a liar
I just heard a thump on my front porch and it was my new camera. And I do mean new-looking, not used.
It was supposed to come with the original box, manual, strap, battery and charger. Well it also had the CD and cables.
I worked in retail for about 40 years and I have got to say that this looks like an "open box" that was open for the
shortest time on record. Little tiny smudge on first page of the manual and it doesn't even look like the manual
was opened!
Thanks Adorama...again.

A very happy AdkMike ( who now REALLY needs some lenses )

06-02-2016, 04:27 PM - 1 Like   #24
Junior Member




Join Date: May 2016
Location: Glens Falls, N.Y.
Posts: 29
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AdirondackMike Quote
OK, I gladly admit that I'm a liar
I just heard a thump on my front porch and it was my new camera. And I do mean new-looking, not used.
It was supposed to come with the original box, manual, strap, battery and charger. Well it also had the CD and cables.
I worked in retail for about 40 years and I have got to say that this looks like an "open box" that was open for the
shortest time on record. Little tiny smudge on first page of the manual and it doesn't even look like the manual
was opened!
Thanks Adorama...again.

A very happy AdkMike ( who now REALLY needs some lenses )
Just ordered : HD DA 18-50mm f/4.0-5.6 DC WR RE
Boy that's a mouthful...good for a start
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
advice, mike, price, thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just Joined DayBob Welcomes and Introductions 5 10-10-2015 12:28 PM
Just joined imflipside Welcomes and Introductions 2 04-12-2015 12:05 AM
Just Joined bbqsfarm Welcomes and Introductions 4 04-08-2015 12:24 PM
just joined franzesebettina Welcomes and Introductions 3 12-25-2014 05:07 PM
Hello, just joined Northstar Welcomes and Introductions 4 10-29-2014 11:15 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top