Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-05-2016, 08:15 AM - 1 Like   #1

Long-delayed greetings

I've been meaning to introduce myself for quite a while now - took a rainy day for me to find the time to do it.

I'm a relative newbie; I bought my first (and so far, only) DSLR about a year and a half ago. It was a great starter package for a newcomer: K-50 with the 18-135mm lens. I've been very happy with it as I've begun learning the basics, but I'm beginning to feel the itch for some new (used?) glass... I'm feeling the limitations of my range right now and have been poking around at zoom lens reviews on the site for a while.

I'm in the Berkshires (Western MA) and we have some great wildlife out here that I'd like to capture. I'd love to do some lunar photography, too...

Anyway, looking forward to contributing to the forums! Here's a few shots that I've taken more or less recently. Comments (and constructive feedback) always welcome!

Cheers,
--Josh

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
06-05-2016, 09:05 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
nice photos ! welcome
06-05-2016, 11:27 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Glad you declared your side openly - let the floodgates of lens advice begin!
06-05-2016, 10:07 PM   #4
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Joshua Aryeh Quote
I've been meaning to introduce myself for quite a while now - took a rainy day for me to find the time to do it.

Hi Josh. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Because most Pentax bodies and some lenses are weather resistant, you cannot use that excuse any more.
Good 1st photographs from you.

06-06-2016, 02:33 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
but I'm beginning to feel the itch for some new (used?) glass...
Welcome, beware this could be the start of the slippery slope to poverty.
06-07-2016, 07:05 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks to all for the greetings (and complements). I can definitely see how this is going to be a strain on the wallet.

One of the reasons that I chose Pentax was because of the prevalence of weather resistant lenses - it's pretty rainy here. But. of course, that raises the $$$...

Newbie question: for simple, starting out equipment (ie - inexpensive but reliable), does anyone have recommendations for tripods? Thanks for your advice!
06-07-2016, 08:28 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
it's pretty rainy here
But your not in Scotland...