Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2016, 12:53 PM   #1

New guy

Hey all, first time posting.

I made this to leave a review on my not-so-waterproof WG-40. But once I dry it out (and it hopefully works after) I'd like to get the most out of it. If it doesn't, well then I've learned not to poke my head underwater for snap shots and I'll have to get a new camera.

All the best

06-19-2016, 01:02 PM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi - welcome to the forums, and sorry to hear about your WG-40 It's unfortunate that, sometimes, a product slips through the manufacturing and quality control processes that doesn't do what it's supposed to do, even though the vast majority work as intended. Is your camera still under warranty? If so, I think you have every reason to send it in for repair / replacement. Let us know how you get on?
06-19-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard and good luck resurrecting your camera.
06-19-2016, 09:58 PM   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ecuadmail Quote
I've learned not to poke my head underwater for snap shots

Hi ecuadmail. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Bad luck with the camera. That photograph would have been worth seeing though !!! Hope it dries out OK.

07-04-2016, 01:30 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Hi - welcome to the forums, and sorry to hear about your WG-40 It's unfortunate that, sometimes, a product slips through the manufacturing and quality control processes that doesn't do what it's supposed to do, even though the vast majority work as intended. Is your camera still under warranty? If so, I think you have every reason to send it in for repair / replacement. Let us know how you get on?
Hi! Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if it is still under warranty. If it was, I likely voided it when I took it apart. With the amount of corrosion inside, I don't see it being reparable.

---------- Post added 07-04-16 at 01:32 AM ----------

Update for folks interested. Extensive corrosion inside the camera. To the point that many small circuit components have been falling off during disassembly. Looks like it is time to get a new one.
07-04-2016, 07:01 AM   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ecuadmail Quote
Hi! Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if it is still under warranty. If it was, I likely voided it when I took it apart. With the amount of corrosion inside, I don't see it being reparable.

---------- Post added 07-04-16 at 01:32 AM ----------

Update for folks interested. Extensive corrosion inside the camera. To the point that many small circuit components have been falling off during disassembly. Looks like it is time to get a new one.
Alas, it does sound like a new camera might be the best bet!!
07-05-2016, 10:18 AM   #7
SJM
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the Forums