Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2016, 08:15 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Introduction: Hello from Denmark

Hi,
Just thought I might introduce myself.

I'm Steen Selvejer, live in Denmark - and I do a lot of photography and video these days. I've worked as a TV-producer, reporter and an editor at TV 2/DENMARK for approx. 25 years. Right now I'm in between jobs, as they say.

My first SLR was an Asahi Pentax K2 DMD, bought brand new in the not so roaring late seventies. A gem of a camera. Sadly I parted ways with it for a brand new Nikon F2A. And I've missed my beautiful K2 DMD ever since - worst mistake of a lifetime, I guess, even though I wouldn't admit it openly for several years.

The K2 DMD was Porsche - the Nikon was a diesel truck by comparison.

I stuck with Nikon, and my bread and butter camera these days is a Nikon D810 - and I love it (gone is the diesel truck-feel).

At the moment I'm awaiting the arrival of a K2 and a complement of K-lenses. I did buy an Asahi Pentax MX and som M-lenses a couple of decades ago, but it never lived up to the expectations, that my long gone K2 DMD left me with.

Look forward to being part of this forum - and to do some Asahi Pentax analog photography.

Cheers!

Last edited by STES; 06-25-2016 at 08:21 AM.
06-22-2016, 08:22 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum Steen! Looking forward to seeing some of your images posted here.
06-22-2016, 08:42 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks! I look forward to post some images - I just hope, I'll get the K2-SLR soon! :-)
06-22-2016, 12:44 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forums.

06-22-2016, 02:38 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome aboard, you have lots of experience there to be able to answer all of the difficult questions when we send them your way.
06-22-2016, 10:10 PM   #6
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Steen. Welcome to the Pentax forums.
06-25-2016, 08:09 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
Welcome to the forums.
Thanks a lot :-)

---------- Post added 06-25-16 at 17:18 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome aboard, you have lots of experience there to be able to answer all of the difficult questions when we send them your way.
Thanks, Kerrydown. I have been taking pictures for most of my life - in some periods a little 'family-amatuerish-like-photos', in others with higher ambitions - and lately in professional contexts. And I get a kick out of it all - I admit that the larger kicks come with the professional stuff, because I venture into things I'd never dream of doing otherwise. I ditch my comfort zone to get the best possible angles, views, to get close etc., which all transpires into better pictures. Why I'm not able to do that, when I'm not doing more professional stuff, I don't fathom.

Difficult questions my way? Ouch!!!

---------- Post added 06-25-16 at 17:19 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Hi Steen. Welcome to the Pentax forums.
Thank you very much, pjv