Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2016, 07:39 AM   #1

Hello from Boston Suburbs

I live and work around Boston area. I am serious enthusiast. I currently use a Nikon D7200 with a handful of nice lenses. I am looking at K-1 for my FF camera. I have been researching a lot on D P Review Pentax SLR forum and decided to join here for more info.

Right now I am researching wide primes and flash for K-1. I am sure I'll have lot of questions as I go.

My long term plan is to use FF for landscapes, night skies and general purpose (under 50mm). I will continue to use D7200 with tele lenses for school games, some birds, etc.

Thanks.

PS: I am familiar with major camera brands and recent models (from Nikon D7x00 to D750, Canon 70D/80D to Rebels, Sony a77, a couple of NEX and few P&S cameras). I am part of a small group of enthusiast photographers at the office and get to see all cameras. We meet once a month, show our recent photos, discuss how some of them can be made better and discuss equipment or techniques. We also try to do photo field trips sometimes.

I have personally used a Canon Rebel film SLR for years and later XTi for 7+ years. My foray into photography was with a 35mm rangefinder manual film camera in late 80s, though I have used a Zenith film SLR the summer of '83. I was a teenager when my father bought and sold his film SLR and didn't do much with that camera itself but helped him in the dark room to print those B&W images. I am now planning to start scanning some of those old negatives into digital images. (it's been in the works for few months. I bought a film negative scanner but haven't actually started doing anything).

06-24-2016, 08:07 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, there's plenty of prime legacy wide angle lenses out there for not a lot of money.
06-24-2016, 08:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome. I'm also based in the Boston suburbs (south). I have a slightly different setup from you: Pentax K-3ii and Nikon D800 are my "paired" bodies. When it comes time to replace my D800 I'll re-evaluate what's available but it would likely be a tossup between the K-1 and the D820/D900. Anyway, feel free to ask away!

Michael

Last edited by MJSfoto1956; 06-24-2016 at 09:12 AM.
06-24-2016, 10:17 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks, both of you.

06-24-2016, 05:26 PM   #5
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Satyaa Quote
Right now I am researching wide primes and flash for K-1.

Hi Satyaa. Welcome to the Pentax forums. The K-1 has taken off very well here on the forums, so any questions you may have will be answered by hands-on users.