Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I've sent another donation. I really appreciate the things Adam and the others continually do to make this a great forum.

Keep up the great work everyone!

03-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #32

Photos: Albums
Adam,
I too am onlimited income (SS) . And am just now re-adjusting to this new situation. I also just joined this forum and am enjoying it very much. I am trying to learn how to use this medium. (Old dog, New trick). I also just learned how this site is supported and hope to be able to carry my part of the load in the near future. Thank every one that makes this expereance possible! I believe that eventually it will make photography richer for me.
Steve
03-15-2009, 01:53 PM - 1 Like   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Adam,

I don't know why but I assumed this site was in some way related to Pentax and that they were supporting it in some way. They bloody well should be. I suspect there is more good will and sales generated from this site than all of their (limited) commercial advertising. I any case Adam thanks for all your efforts on our behalf. It must be a labour of love. I visit the site often and enjoy it immensely. Keep up the great work.

Tom G

Last edited by 8540tomg; 03-15-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: typo
07-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #34
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thread updated with new benefits and descriptions- attachment space for all Site Supporters has been increased by 5Mb up to a total of 30Mb now!

Thanks for your continued support!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-23-2009, 01:56 AM - 1 Like   #35
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
A few new features have been added for Site Supporters (among all the new features I've been adding to the site and for the general membership), so I've updated the first post to reflect that. I've also added a donation FAQ.

Note that the following changes have been made to users who are currently Loyal Site Supporters:
-Attachment space increased from 55Mb to 60Mb
-Gallery quota increased from 250 to 300 photos; each can still be up to 2Mb in size.

Donate Now!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #36
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Sticky updated for improved readability.
04-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #37
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
FYI: Attachment space has been increased by 5Mb for all site supporters and 10Mb for all loyal site supporters!

Adam

05-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #38
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
This is just another FYI: the $10 donation level has been changed to grant an upgraded account for one month, rather than one year. This change was made to encourage the $20 donation (remember the days when that was the lowest option?), as well as to encourage people to stick around rather than sign up just to use the Marketplace (which is fine, but being done a lot). All other donation levels grant an upgraded account for one year. The $150, $200, and $250 re-donations grant and upgraded account for two years in addition to very high quotas.

Adam

10-28-2010, 01:10 AM   #39
Inactive Account

thanks for this information:-)

Last edited by seriah; 11-03-2010 at 11:36 PM.
02-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #40
Forum Member

Hi Adam

I'm a bit confused (believe me its not difficult) the $20 donation provides an upgrade for 1 year but has an attachment cap of 50Mb. Does this mean that if I reach 50Mb of attachments before the year ends I will not be able to attach photos until another donation is made?

Kevin
02-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #41
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Hi Kevin,

No, that is a global limit. So, if you reach 50Mb, you will have to go to the Loyal Site Supporter level to further increase that to 250Mb - additional regular donations will simply allow you to maintain that status. If your status expires, then your limit will fall to 4Mb, but your photos won't be deleted automatically or anything.

Adam

03-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #42
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Another update: Loyal Site Supporters have now had their album limit increased to 300Mb, up from 200Mb.

Adam

04-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #43
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Note that you can now choose to donate using your credit card if you want to avoid using PayPal or taking the slow route and sending a paper check.

To support us using your credit card:
  1. (Make sure you are logged in)
  2. Go to PentaxForums.com Donations
  3. Select the "Premium Account - Credit Card" option (last one)
  4. Select your amount and then click on the black button
  5. Select "2Checkout" as your payment processor and follow the on-screen instructions to check out
Note that due to restrictions imposed on us by the credit card processor, this subscription will not be referred to as a donation, although you still help support us and it carries the same benefits (account updated and marketplace access) as donations do.

Adam

06-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #44

Thank

Just saying thank you for accepting me in your forum, before regestering, I read a few or the thread and found them very informative
01-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #45

My first forum membership!

Thank you Adam. My first camera was a H3v that I used as an anthropologist/archaeologist for many years here in the US. SLR's e valoved into medium format cameras for both field and lab use. Today, I still use my Pentax LX as a go to camera for most image making--old fashion one would say. My wife and I retired and live in a small community located in the central mountains of Colorado. Photography, repairing vintage film cameras and fly fishing are my hobbies. Looking forward to learning more about Pentax and how to use their system. Occo