Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2016, 01:49 PM - 1 Like   #1

Hello from Germany!

Hello at all,

two months ago I could lay my hands on a K1 and I'm still happy af with it. The decision for a Pentax was born a year ago as I saw a use for a "old" Sigma lens, attached to my analog Pentax MZ-6. Bought it to late in ~2000 because the digital era was coming but I used it until 2006 when I finally changed to a digital Fujufilm brigde camera.

Just last year the disadvantages are getting on my nerves over the holiday and decided to go again to a (now digital) SLR.
That's the point where the trouble started...
What brand/technology should I choose? After some comparing I liked the idea of getting a FF sensor size but couldn't find a Pentax with these, only found out the advertised a coming model with it.

I waited and my doubts were grewing. I didn't help that they announced at first something like new year but changed it to April 2016. After reading about weak spots of Pentax and glorified comments for EVF I wasn't sure if I had met the right choice.
Still I waited for reviews of the K1 because I want to be sure it's at eye level with it's competitors.
It was, the first voices were rare and didn't offer a lot of information but enough for me to get finally one.
Lucky me, I got probably one of the two last K1 in whole germany from the first charge.

Now I'm stuck with a load of old manual (mainly Pentax-A) lenses I got more or less cheap for testing and a wonderful D-FA 100mm WR. The next newcomer is a DA* 300mm f4 for some more tele capabilties.
Fun fact for the end: the Sigma lens who lead me to Pentax again isn't any good compared to them, so I'm probably selling it.

Thank you for reading, have a nice day and good eye for your next motiv!

Greetings, Falko

07-04-2016, 02:21 PM - 1 Like   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DerFalke Quote
Now I'm stuck with a load of old manual (mainly Pentax-A) lenses I got more or less cheap
Welcome to the forum, I must admit that's all I use, don't be stuck... many folk here are looking for this glass now with the advent of FF K1.
07-04-2016, 06:42 PM   #3

Re:Hello from Germany

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, I must admit that's all I use, don't be stuck... many folk here are looking for this glass now with the advent of FF K1.
One of the reasons I waited for the K-1 was to use some of my old FF lenses. I only wish they were A lenses! All I have for now is M lenses and 2 DA zooms. I always have to remember to switch to manual mode or the lens will not stop down during exposure.

Dan
07-04-2016, 09:53 PM   #4
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DerFalke Quote
two months ago I could lay my hands on a K1 and I'm still happy af with it.

Hi Falko. Welcome to the Pentax forums. You have got a great camera there. Well done. Hope to see some of your photographs soon.