Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2008, 01:49 AM   #1

Hello everyone

Hi everyone,

My name is Daniel. I've had little digital subcompact (Canon SD1000) for almost a year at this point and have developed an interest in photography. The Canon takes very good pictures, but I've developed a desire for more control. So, I started looking at dSLRs and quickly realized that it would overstress my meager budget to buy even a used older model. A solution appeared when my mother dug out her college graduation gift, a Pentax ME Super. I know next to nothing about film photography, but I am very excited to learn. I found this forum a week or two ago, and I was quite impressed. I've gotten a couple rolls of film, and I'm just waiting (impatiently) on a small mechanical repair. Well, forgive me if that was a bit long-winded; somehow it turned into a narrative.

07-19-2008, 05:35 AM   #2
krs
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not at all long winded! Welcome to the forum.

A Pentax ME is a great place to start. If inclined to do some reading, take a look at "Understanding Exposure" by Peterson. It will help with understanding aperture, shutter speed, film sensitivity, etc. and how they all fit together... It helped me when starting out!