Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2016, 03:02 PM - 1 Like   #1

Hi I'm just getting back into photography.

My name is Bill Lubarsky and I'm a retired engineer. One of my main hobbies is growing succulent plants and I would like to take good close up pictures of the plants and flowers. I have an old Pentax Program Plus with the wrong macro lens.

07-05-2016, 03:03 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to our "generally" friendly family
07-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #3
smf
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and best wishes.
07-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, you know your going to have replace that "wrong" macro lens, good news is... we're just the folk, to help you spend your money.

07-05-2016, 04:10 PM   #5
Pentaxian

If your "wrong" lens says "FA* 200", I'll take it off your hands That is supposed to be one of Pentax' best lenses.

Welcome to PF. Your post doesn't make it clear whether you still want to use film or go digital. I assume digital.

If your only target will be your plants, you might be able to get by with a compact camera's macro function. If you want to become a more general photographer, a DSLR is more versatile though more expensive.
07-05-2016, 06:43 PM   #6
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WLubarsky Quote
One of my main hobbies is growing succulent plants and I would like to take good close up pictures of the plants and flowers.

Hi Bill. Welcome aboard the Pentax forums. Looking forward to seeing those photographs of your plants.
07-05-2016, 11:01 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
If your "wrong" lens says "FA* 200", I'll take it off your hands That is supposed to be one of Pentax' best lenses.

Welcome to PF. Your post doesn't make it clear whether you still want to use film or go digital. I assume digital.

If your only target will be your plants, you might be able to get by with a compact camera's macro function. If you want to become a more general photographer, a DSLR is more versatile though more expensive.
The Program Plus is a 35mm film camera. The "wrong" macro lens is a Promaster MC 1:2.8 24mm it says Auto, but the fstop does not show up in the LCD display in the viewfinder. I don't know if it means anything but there are no electrical contacts on the back of the lens mount. There is a slot for what should be the autofocus mechanism to engage.
07-07-2016, 06:56 AM   #8
SJM
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forums.