Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2016, 06:37 PM - 3 Likes   #1

Retired techie who admires Pentax

Greetings all,

I am grateful for the wonderful resource of the Pentax Forums and think it's about time I joined. As the title implies, I have a technical orientation although I love the art of photography (not that I am good at it). I've used most of the Pentax SLRs and DSLRs over the years and just keep upgrading. The digital era is fantastic. My initial motivation for joining the forum is to engage in a discussion about the autofocus, especially the continuous autofocus, of the Pentax K-1. I just started a new thread on this subject and look forward to learning how best to use and perhaps improve this function.

I feel the Pentax K-1 is a wonderful camera (except for continuous autofocus) and a fantastic accomplishment by a small (but hopefully now rapidly growing) camera company (compared to you know who). I think the K-1 business strategy, technical specifications and implementation (with the noted exception) are brilliant. Congratulations to the staff and management of Pentax.

It's a privilege to join the Pentax Forum community.

07-08-2016, 06:47 PM   #2
pjv
Eager To Learn

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Quark Quote

Hi Quark. Welcome to the Pentax forums. With such a glowing endorsement from you, I hope we can deliver !!! No seriously, excellent bunch here and it is great to have you join. Looking forward to seeing some of your photographs and seeing your name pop up in some of the discussions.
07-08-2016, 06:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and much better introduction

Yes I have heard the K-1 AF is not 'great'. Nothing is perfect, but, the K-1 is nearing that goal. Perhaps with subsequent developments, AF can be improved to be at least on par with its rivals. Then that would make for a great camera.

Meanwhile, we should use the camera for what it is - a great camera with average continuous motion AF.
07-08-2016, 07:12 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Greetings all,

I am grateful for the wonderful resource of the Pentax Forums and think it's about time I joined. As the title implies, I have a technical orientation although I love the art of photography (not that I am good at it). I've used most of the Pentax SLRs and DSLRs over the years and just keep upgrading. The digital era is fantastic. My initial motivation for joining the forum is to engage in a discussion about the autofocus, especially the continuous autofocus, of the Pentax K-1. I just started a new thread on this subject and look forward to learning how best to use and perhaps improve this function.

I feel the Pentax K-1 is a wonderful camera (except for continuous autofocus) and a fantastic accomplishment by a small (but hopefully now rapidly growing) camera company (compared to you know who). I think the K-1 business strategy, technical specifications and implementation (with the noted exception) are brilliant. Congratulations to the staff and management of Pentax.

Welcome again !!
((I saw that thread you mention .... obviously, you are getting lots of attention already! ))
Although I am not a K1 owner, I follow quite closely anything that relates to it ... we never know! One day maybe for me too?

Cheers!

07-08-2016, 07:37 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

jpzk: I highly recommend the Pentax K-1 and believe it delivers the BEST image quality of any APS / FF camera available today.
07-08-2016, 07:53 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

jpzk: I highly recommend the Pentax K-1 and believe it delivers the BEST image quality of any APS / FF camera available today.
.... likely not to happen anytime soon as I just acquired a K3 not too long ago.
However, a very interesting idea !
07-08-2016, 11:43 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forum.
07-09-2016, 10:12 AM   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I'm lucky only manually focusing my "Ladies"... so no issues so far.