Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2016, 05:27 PM   #1

NEW

Just joined . I have a H1A together with 4 Super Takumar 50,55,28 136 and a Vivitar 55 . I am the original owner and the are all in good shape. What is the market for them , I would like to find a good home for them .

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-6300  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-6300  Photo 
07-11-2016, 07:19 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If by "good condition" you mean "recently put a roll of film through it and it turned out fine", you could command quite a tidy sum. I'd be first in line except I recently bought one of these and already have the updated Super Multi Coated/SMC versions of all the lenses.

One good way to find a starting point is to go on e-bay and look the camera and lenses up, restrict your search to completed auctions over the last six to 12 months, and find out what they ended up going for.

Rough guide - my SMC Takumar 55 I paid about CDN$35 for, because they are ubiquitous and it's not hard to find one in good condition. I paid just under CDN$30 for a Super-Tak 50mm f/1.4 because it was substantially yellowed and the seller marked it down accordingly (the word he used was "fugly"), but I suspect a decent price for a non-yellow or de-yellowed version in superficially pristine condition would be at least twice that, possibly nudging three figures.

Speaking of 50mm Takumars, I see yours is the SMC version - someone wanting a lens for their Spotmatic F or Spotmatic ES-series camera would be after that one, because it has the open aperture metering capability introduced with those lenses, and the fine knurls on the focus ring tell me it's the last version before they went over to the K mount, so it probably has SMC K optics and coatings in a Takumar package; that would fetch a premium if the glass is in good nick.

I paid almost exactly CDN$100 for my SMC Tak 28mm secondhand in a shop and maybe I got ripped off, but OTOH I got to examine that one in-hand before buying it and it's a pretty good lens, so I was happy to cough up the money.

And so on and so forth. Be open to the idea of a slight discount if someone wants the whole bundle.

When you take product pictures, give at least one pic straight through the lens with the aperture wide open, one of the front and one of the rear element, and at least one from the side. If any of the lenses happen to have sticky or slightly hesitant aperture blades, it's not the end of the world; some of us buy them for our DSLRs, where we use them in stop down mode anyway and there it doesn't matter as much. Declare the issue if you should find it exists and some digital-shooting Takumar enthusiast is bound to snap it up.

Good luck!
07-12-2016, 12:26 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, looks like you already been given great information from pathdoc, good luck with your sale.