Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2016, 02:47 PM   #1

God bless Everyone! Some K3II review...;-)

Hi there!

After some time spended with K3II it is time to share some thoughts... When You want to get good shot, there is a need for a technical mean in order to do it. K3II for me after ZENIT, FUJI s5700, K-R and K10D, is a quite good tool. More precisesely I shoud say, best I ever own, but well I shoud be objective hire... For stills its great, a lot of settings which can be accessed through the wonderfull swithes/buttons layout. What I miss in it is a key lock for a card bay door (K10D). This camera is solid pice of equipment and I have an opportunity to check it for real... When I photographed (with pixel shift) the carton box with print on it and i saw the individual dots of print in magnification I was shocked! Quiet, fast, with good feeling in hands, reliable... What more can I say... Video is something that is not up to par with Canon (for ex. 70D)... I hope that RICOH company will seriously take a wish of many users and prepare the firmaware update with selection of MOV/AVI RAW video format... PENTAX should be known as a brand with best quality image generating equipment for stills and video. Beside of that, no complains. My modest gallery is in hire: 500px.com/janiktg . I will update it soon. God bless You all!

07-18-2016, 02:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Vigerus! I am curious, what do you feel is the largest advance of the K-3ii compared to the K10D? Do you personally use your DSLR for video?
07-18-2016, 10:02 PM   #3
pjv
Eager To Learn

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Vigerus Quote
Hi there!

Hi Vigerus. Welcome to the Pentax forums. You have chosen very well with the K-3II. Hope to see some of your photographs soon.
07-19-2016, 12:00 AM   #4

Original Poster
k10d-k3

Frankly, the noise levels, are better, but somehow K10D image on 100 ISO have better colours(ccd). It is a good thing to have K10D for that only. I sold mine already. Additional pros is that there iss more buttons, especially WB acces ia better in K3/K3II.

07-19-2016, 05:58 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome from Chicago!
I upgraded to K3II last winter, and have now started adding a Sunpak ring flash to my insect photography. I am amazed at the detail and ease of getting great shots. Sure experience has led to this but the tools are great too. It allows me to stay at 100ISO which really helps the colors and contrast. I'd put it against the K10 with color capture given these conditions. Of course I sold my K10 years ago, so I can't make that comparison.

The K3II was a great purchase.
07-19-2016, 08:23 AM   #6

Original Poster
So all good for Chicago too! Ring flash is a good option, as well as led matrix with fresnel lens. In my 500px gallery are some photos of insects...Furthermore it will be a good thing to bring such comparison (100 ISO)in similar conditions...I used the INDUSTAR 61 with M39/Pentax adapter for macro shots and well... -see the result in 500px gallery
07-19-2016, 08:37 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll have a look at your gallery - you can also put a link to it in your signature, that's where my Flickr link is.

A Fresnell lens focus is a pretty cool idea, though. Some flashes have little fold-out Fresnells but I think more tinkering can be done. There's no shortage of tinkers out there working on macro flash setups!
07-19-2016, 08:55 AM   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, that's quite a technical jump there K10D to K3II, I did something similar with my Pentax kit... K20D to K1, like chalk and cheese the difference.

Mind you... still have soft spot for K10Ds and K20Ds

07-20-2016, 02:05 AM   #9

Original Poster
True...