Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2016, 12:28 PM - 1 Like   #1

Back to Film

Hey everyone, checking in as first-timer! Pentax owner and user since early 90's. Pentax 67 with TTL metered prism and 55 and 165LS lenses were my first, followed by the little UC-1 and then a K20D with da* 16-50.

I recently pulled out some of my old negatives and slides I took with the 67, and it made me regret the years it had sat unused in it's case. So I gave my K20D to my son who's now 22 and has taken an interest in taking pictures, and I am returning to film! Hope to share some stuff after I get going!

Thanks for all the great info on this board!

Kind regards,
James Spencer
Dallas, TX

07-19-2016, 12:46 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, many film users here, you might want to check out these couple of links on the forum.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/48-pentax-medium-format/

Pentax Film SLR Discussion - PentaxForums.com
07-19-2016, 12:50 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard. Good to have you here. There is an active film group here as well at this link: Pentax Film SLR Discussion And here as well: Film Processing, Scanning, and Darkroom

I've been doing DSLR for 6 years and just jumped into film in the last few months. It will be great to have another film shooter here to share your experience and photo's.
07-19-2016, 12:52 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

What about film (other than the 6x7 itself do you miss? You might want to eventually look into a 6x7 to 645 adapter and the 645D which is getting cheaper all the time. This would give you an additional option.

07-19-2016, 01:19 PM   #5

Original Poster
Appreciate the welcome, amigos!

@unclevanya: you bring up a great point, and I have the 6x7 to K-mount adapter but I never thought of checking into the 645D, so thanks for that. I used the K adapter with my K20D a few times. It's not so much the film, for me it's just that I missed being forced to set exposures and focus manually. Far too easy with the DSLR to just set everything to P and A and fire away.

I've shot several rolls of b&w over the past few weeks, just liking the slower pace and thinking more about the process. I'm sure I'll get another digital body at some point, but for now, "less is more" for me.
07-19-2016, 01:53 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jspen77tx Quote
Pentax 67 with TTL metered prism and 55 and 165LS lenses were my first,
Welcome to the forum and please checkout this social group:

Heavy Pentax - for 6X7 format users - PentaxForums.com

Phil.
07-19-2016, 07:33 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Appreciate the welcome, amigos!

@unclevanya: you bring up a great point, and I have the 6x7 to K-mount adapter but I never thought of checking into the 645D, so thanks for that. I used the K adapter with my K20D a few times. It's not so much the film, for me it's just that I missed being forced to set exposures and focus manually. Far too easy with the DSLR to just set everything to P and A and fire away.

I've shot several rolls of b&w over the past few weeks, just liking the slower pace and thinking more about the process. I'm sure I'll get another digital body at some point, but for now, "less is more" for me.
Many people love film still and I can't knock it - I appreciate what goes into it and I'm glad you can enjoy the hobby in this way.
07-19-2016, 10:03 PM   #8
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hope to share some stuff after I get going!

Hi James. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Glad you have found the passion again. Looking forward to seeing some of your " stuff " soon.