Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2016, 02:45 PM   #1

Hello :)

I'm getting k-s2 for my birthday! I can't wait to learn, I've never had a dslr; my cat won't be amused as he's about to become my main model. I'm looking for a bag for it, any recommendations?

07-19-2016, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums - good to have you on board And congratulations on your forthcoming K-S2! A DSLR is a very different shooting experience, so take the time to learn how to use it to the best of its advantages - it's worth the effort (and, sometimes, the frustration! ).

As for bags, I can't really help as I've only ever owned a couple, but I'm sure others here will be able to assist. What equipment do you want to carry - just the K-S2 with one lens fitted, or will you have other lenses (how many?), other equipment (flash etc.), bits 'n' bobs... will you want to carry a tablet or PC in the same bag? Do you prefer a back-pack, shoulder bag, ... ? These are some things to consider, to get you started

One thing I can say is, it's worth investing in a decent quality bag, as the really cheap ones tend to be poor quality with thin padding and zips that can break easily...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 07-19-2016 at 02:58 PM.
07-19-2016, 02:53 PM - 1 Like   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and I guess welcome to the UKs most photographed cat.
07-19-2016, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums. Lowepro offers a nice, well made selection of bags. The Adventura 170AW and Nova 180 AW are nice shoulder bags for a not too large amount of gear, and there are also backpacks that come at relatively good prices. A shortcut to a selection is below.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywo...ro+camera++bag

07-19-2016, 09:58 PM - 1 Like   #5
pjv
Eager To Learn

QuoteOriginally posted by Agadooska Quote
I'm getting k-s2 for my birthday!

Hi Agadooska. Welcome to the Pentax forums, and a very happy birthday to you !!! Hope to see some birthday party photographs soon.
07-20-2016, 02:13 AM - 1 Like   #6

Original Poster
Aww, thank you all for the warm welcome.
I didn't think there's so many things to consider while buying a bag! So far I've got standard lense and the 50-200 mm one, I won't be buying any more until I learn to use what I've got. I will explore the bag link now, thanks C_Jones Brace yourselves for some bad photo attempts coming soon :P
07-20-2016, 02:25 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Agadooska Quote
Brace yourselves for some bad photo attempts coming soon :P
That's the spirit! It's the only way to learn, and so much fun