Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2016, 08:22 PM   #1

New Member and New MX Owner

G'day! I purchased a beautiful black MX and cannot say enough about how I love this little camera! It reminds me of what excited me about photography as a kid.

I learned the basics of photography on a Ricoh RX-1 with a dead meter and later inherited a Pentax, again with a dead meter (I don't remember the model but it was sadly NOT an LX). I later sold these two and the lenses I used with them for a Nikon FM2 and a beautiful Nikkor 105mm 1:1.8. Long story short, I cut my photog teeth on film. Entered the digital age with a K10 and progressed to where I am now with a mirrorless system.

A couple years ago I noticed how ordinary my shots were getting. It was just too easy to shoot and upload with maybe a bit of post-processing. The cure - go back to film. I grabbed a beat up Leica M2 and a meter to start with (curiosity about rangefinders led me to that over an SLR) and soon learned to slow down and think again. I am a pauper and film and development is not that cheap so 24 or 35 exposures ensured I put the brakes on the trigger finger and engaged the eye and the brain (I apparently have neither the patience nor the fortitude to do this with a digital camera).

Now I have an MX in black. This thing is a sports car! It's smaller than my M2 (!!!) but has that same quality and build feeling to it. I love the large viewfinder! I'm getting CLA'd at the moment because, while it is cosmetically beautiful, my paranoia wants to be sure that, and more importantly, it is beautiful within as well.

Looking forward to reading great threads!!!!!!!!

08-11-2016, 09:28 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, and congratulations on the fine MX. I love that camera. Post when you have some pictures.
08-11-2016, 09:57 PM   #3
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pete in SD Quote
Looking forward to reading great threads!!!!!!!!

Hi Pete. Welcome to the Pentax forums. I hope you join in a few rather than just reading them !!! Good to have you here.
08-12-2016, 01:29 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, great intro, enjoy your "good as new" MX once you get her back.

08-14-2016, 03:32 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your MX! Good to have you with us, and hope you'll join our discussions