Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #1

Hello from Sylmar

Hi all, nice forum you have here, thought I had better do my intro already. Now retired, besides photography my other hobbies are modding and driving the Mazda MX-5, and I enjoy listening to audio, and building my ever changing loudspeaker system.

Have been in and out of photography since I was 10, starting with a Brownie Bullseye and a Tower Contact Printer. My first paid job at 14 was designing and making lighted Formica hotel lobby room displays that held 8x10 color transparencies. Enjoyed photo classes in high school, and access to cool equipment like the Graflex RB Series D 4x5 reflex, won a national award for my b&w bas relief "Tower of Power". Sold cameras for six years at Sears Hollywood during my college days, and always bought the hi-end trade-ins when available.

Over the years have owned many a Pentax, Asahi, Heiland, and Honeywell, and now my first digital Pentax:
K50 w/18-55 and a FA 50 F1.4 ...

08-12-2016, 01:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the clubhouse!
08-12-2016, 01:34 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, looking forward to seeing some imagery from these interesting acquired cameras.
08-12-2016, 01:39 PM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums, and a thanks for telling us a bit about yourself... It's great when new members take the time to do so Welcome, also, to digital photography - though there are plenty of film fans around here too

08-12-2016, 02:22 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I'm slightly north of you in Canyon Country. Also have a Miata, K-50, & into home audio/theater. Unfortunately, I'm not retired. 😜 Have fun!
08-12-2016, 02:30 PM   #6
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bearsound Quote
Have been in and out of photography since I was 10,

Hi bearsound. Welcome to the Pentax forums. What a wide and varied history you have with photography. I too am looking forward to seeing some of your images. Good to have you here.