Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2017, 07:13 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Put the 150-450 on the k-3 so you can crop deeper. Put the 16-85 on the k-5. Add the 1.4x to the telephoto only if you find you need extra length.

A flash may be worth bringing.

06-12-2017, 03:35 PM   #47
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Just wanted to thank all the posters with their suggestions. Just got back from Gran Tetons and Yellowstone National Parks today.

I will be posting photos to the various spots of the forums, took the equipment listed and used all except the 50 mm

used the K 3 with the HD Pentax-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW and sometimes added the HD Pentax-DA 1.4x AW AF Rear Converter using a modified stedistock support to which I had added an additional screw and a shotgun butt to lengthen it. some times I had time to set up a tripod instead. I also use the K 5 II + HD Pentax-DA 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 ED DC WR when I had a closer chance

took float trip down the flooded and fast moving Snake River on June 1 run by Barker - Ewing with Jim as the oarsman, very hard to take photos when being bounced in the rubber raft/boat. I used the K 5 II + SMC Pentax-DA 50-200mm F4-5.6 ED WR on that

also took private guided tour in Yellowstone by Wolf Trackers out of Gardner Mo - Evan Stout was the guide.

took early Photographic tour from Lake Hotel with Doug as our guide as well

I can recommend all of those activities

if you have any questions, post them here or pm me please