Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
09-06-2016, 03:24 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Forum Member

Proud Owner of the New K-70

Hello from Western Canada,
So thrilled today to finally go to the PO to collect my new K-70. This is a great forum and I'm pleased to be able to be a part of it. Have held many different camera brands in my hands, but coming back to Pentax, feels like coming home. I live a full time RV lifestyle and travel with my husband. He teaches Bushcraft and Bushskills, Outdoor Workshops and more. I follow along with my trusty cameras and click away!
I do wish to mention that it's been Very, very, frustrating trying to purchase in Western Canada. I had no issue when the K-30 came out, purchased at London Drugs, but now being informed that only special ordering would get me a K-70 and it would take over 3 weeks. I tried the camera stores in Edmonton and was told, Pentax does not sell, so we are not going to stock that model, I called Broadway in Vancouver, same answer, and the Camera Store in Calgary, same answer. So, I placed my order with Camera Canada out of Ontario.
The battery is on the charger and I'm perusing this forum, along with the pdf of the manual. Very excited!

Here are a couple shots from my old K-30

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
09-06-2016, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. Hope to see many photos from your RV travels.
09-06-2016, 04:04 PM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Welcome aboard and congrats on the purchase! I'm sure the K-70 will serve you well, just as the K-30 did.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-06-2016, 06:30 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by dustyroadphotos Quote
So thrilled today to finally go to the PO to collect my new K-70. This is a great forum and I'm pleased to be able to be a part of it. Have held many different camera brands in my hands, but coming back to Pentax, feels like coming home. I live a full time RV lifestyle and travel with my husband. He teaches Bushcraft and Bushskills, Outdoor Workshops and more. I follow along with my trusty cameras and click away!
I do wish to mention that it's been Very, very, frustrating trying to purchase in Western Canada. I had no issue when the K-30 came out, purchased at London Drugs, but now being informed that only special ordering would get me a K-70 and it would take over 3 weeks. I tried the camera stores in Edmonton and was told, Pentax does not sell, so we are not going to stock that model, I called Broadway in Vancouver, same answer, and the Camera Store in Calgary, same answer. So, I placed my order with Camera Canada out of Ontario.
The battery is on the charger and I'm perusing this forum, along with the pdf of the manual. Very excited!

Here are a couple shots from my old K-30
Some nice shots there... I too had some frustration trying to get my hands on a K-70... but eventually bit the bullet and had the local Kerrisdale Camera store special order in a pair of K-70 bodies for me and traded my two K-30 bodies in. It took just shy of three weeks from placing the order until I got the telephone call that they had arrived in the store...picked them up on Saturday... had me biting my nails as I leave for Australia in 8 days!

Last edited by CP140; 09-06-2016 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Really poor grammar/spelling in the first post..
09-06-2016, 07:55 PM - 1 Like   #5

Welcome and congrats on your K-70.
09-06-2016, 10:06 PM - 1 Like   #6
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dustyroadphotos Quote
Hi to you Deborah. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Very good 1st photographs from you. Hope to see more once you have settled in !!
Good to have you here.
09-06-2016, 10:36 PM - 1 Like   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome, the lifestyle you have is just made for photography, lucky you.

09-06-2016, 10:46 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

G'day mate and welcome to the forum
09-06-2016, 11:01 PM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

I upgraded from a K50 to a K70 recently and am a happy customer. Does well hiking and sailing in Newfoundland. I find the extra pixels and RAW depth helpful over the K50 given I am often pushing my 55-300 lens rather close against its limits outdoors at times and even in summer Newfoundland can be a dark and not very contrasty environment.

Best pic so far is this one. It is a near 100% crop...

Have fun with your new camera!
09-07-2016, 02:30 AM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum and great shots!

Looks chilly there already -- I'm not quite ready for fall weather yet, but I'm sure it's on its way...
09-07-2016, 03:59 AM   #11
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums, Deborah - great to have you with us, and congratulations on your new K-70!! How exciting

I like the photos you posted - a nice variety of different styles and treatments!
09-07-2016, 05:19 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome! If you're getting those kinds of results from the K30, I'm sure the K70 will prove even more capable.
09-08-2016, 07:38 AM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CP140 Quote
Some nice shots there... I too had some frustration trying to get my hands on a K-70... but eventually bit the bullet and had the local Kerrisdale Camera store special order in a pair of K-70 bodies for me and traded my two K-30 bodies in. It took just shy of three weeks from placing the order until I got the telephone call that they had arrived in the store...picked them up on Saturday... had me biting my nails as I leave for Australia in 8 days!
Hi, thanks for the comment. I wonder if they would take a Panasonic FZ1000 on trade for a Pentax lens? Do they do that sort of thing? I would give them a shout if so. I'm selling one, with an external stereo mic, filter etc.
09-08-2016, 07:40 AM   #14
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jgnfld Quote
I upgraded from a K50 to a K70 recently and am a happy customer. Does well hiking and sailing in Newfoundland. I find the extra pixels and RAW depth helpful over the K50 given I am often pushing my 55-300 lens rather close against its limits outdoors at times and even in summer Newfoundland can be a dark and not very contrasty environment.

Best pic so far is this one. It is a near 100% crop...

Have fun with your new camera!
That is a very awesome photo. I'm excited now. Also, I've travelled to NFLD a few times over the years, I know what you mean about non-contrasty vistas! Wonderful people there.

---------- Post added 09-08-16 at 07:41 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Welcome to the forums, Deborah - great to have you with us, and congratulations on your new K-70!! How exciting

I like the photos you posted - a nice variety of different styles and treatments!
Thank you kindly, still trying to find my unique niche, but I think it's definite that it's rural
09-08-2016, 07:55 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Hmmmm... a new K-70 lucky you.... I really want one of those flippy screens. welcome to the forum. Given where you are and what you do, I wonder if you would have known my son Simon Head.