Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello from SoCal

I am acquainted with at least a couple of your members from the photo.net forum and have popped in here at least a few times (following links I am sure) since becoming a Pentaxian in March and newbing into the dslr realm with a K100D plus kit lens purchase.

Since then I've been taking the learning curve slow and just trying to keep it fun and click the camera a lot. The reason I initially considered a dslr was the need for a new camera (my 3mp p&s was dying) and I wanted to get something as nice as budgetarily possible for a two week visit to China that I was a part of in May. A good friend had inspired me toward Dslr prior to my research into which camera to purchase by showing off his excellent captures from his Canon 350D, but I knew from my experience at the p&s level and by him telling me how much he spent on stuff that the word Canon means premium price, and thankfully I researched things long enough to make the wise choice of the K100D over the XT and the Nikon D40.

Prior to the trip to China in May, a really nice guy loaned me a zoom lens (Tamron 70-300) to take on the trip and I had a blast with it, and I still mostly shoot with it over my kit lens because I don't know when it will be time to give it back! For now lack of any expendable income requires me to keep a strict personal rule about not clicking on any LBA thread links... It's torturous enough without even going there..

07-24-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum!

I'm in Long Beach, work in Fountain Valley and have a spare Pentax 50-200 if your LBA flares up.
07-28-2008, 11:33 PM   #3

Hello Todd, I live in Northwood area. Welcome to the forum.

Nico
07-29-2008, 12:36 AM   #4
Damn Brit

Welcome Todd. Good for you on the lens front. Photography can become very expensive, and there are always other priorities that take precedence. Making do with what you have makes you a better photographer in the end I'm sure.
Look on the bright side, Pentax do have the best kit lenses.
Gary